Forums » Themes » [SM5][Theme] UPSRT

~UPSRT~
A Pokémon + Dance Game adventure for StepMania 5

---------- About -----------
Welcome to UPSRT, a Pokémon + Dance Game themed adventure for StepMania 5! UPSRT was created as a side event for the U.P.S. StepMania tournament held in January 2016.

Mute was kind enough to record the original UPSRT event as it occurred, so if you'd prefer to watch a video, you can check that out here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzu0ZqADoZg&feature=youtu.be&t=28s

Of course, if you'd like to play UPSRT on your own setup, keep reading!

---------- System Requirements ----------
You'll need to have StepMania 5.0.10 installed to run UPSRT properly.

Additionally, there are two settings in Preferences.ini that need to be manually set for UPSRT to function properly. The location of Preferences.ini depends on your operating system, and is documented here.

OnlyDedicatedMenuButtons=0

VideoRenderers=opengl,d3d

Please note that if you are using Mac OS X or Linux, the second of those preferences, VideoRenderers, will already be set properly as Direct3D rendering is not supported for OS X or Linux.

Finally, UPSRT only works in the "dance" game mode, so if your copy of StepMania 5.0.10 is currently set to pump or techno, please switch it to dance before starting.

UPSRT was designed with a 16:9 aspect ratio in mind, but it has been tested in 4:3 and 16:10 and should work fine in those, too.

Due to some engine-side changes and deprecations that will occur in StepMania 5.1.0, it is unlikely that UPSRT will work in that version of StepMania. At this time, there are no plans to update UPSRT to support StepMania 5.1.0, but that may change in the future.

---------- Screenshots ----------

---------- Language/Translation Support ----------

This release includes full language support for English, Spanish, and French.

There is a Korean translation included, but StepMania's support for Hangul bitmap fonts is currently limited, so many of the characters don't render properly. Sorry about that.

A future release of UPSRT may include a Japanese translation.

---------- Downloads ----------

The content for UPSRT is split into two packages: the theme and the songs.

UPSRT Theme (16MB)
UPSRT Song Pack (21MB)

----------Credits, Acknowledgments, & Thanks----------

– Main Team –
dbk2 - programming, original music
~HUGS~ - visual art
TaroNuke - mod scripting

~ Special Thanks ~
Mad Matt, kyzentun, teejusb - programming assistance
Mute - Simfile Sync

---------- Troubleshooting ----------

The screen displays as all white after getting through the introduction!
This is a render-to-texture bug in StepMania that occurs in some Windows computers when d3d is set as the primary VideoRenderer. You will need to set opengl as your primary VideoRenderer to resolve this issue. Refer to the System Requirements section above.

The screen displays as all black after getting through the introduction!
This bug also seems to only occur on Windows computers. It results from assets not loading properly due to permissions problems. A few things that can cause this include:

A. If the StepMania program is installed to C:\Program Files you will encounter permissions errors like this one. Assuming you've already installed StepMania to Program Files, you'll need to uninstall, and then reinstall to somewhere within your user profile folder, for example your Desktop or Documents.

B. If the UPSRT pack is being loaded via the AdditionalFolders= or AdditionalSongFolders= in Preferences.ini it seems that this can cause permissions errors on Windows, too. You can resolve this by placing both the UPSRT theme and song pack in their appropriate sub-folders within %appdata%/StepMania 5/ as documented here.

Enjoy!

Last edited: 19 February 2017 2:17pm

Am I on drugs?
(・-・)
Am I on drugs?

I'm, uh, not sure. How do you feel?
This was awesome! The spanish translation sucks sadly, but it's still pretty neat in english
~Santikun
The spanish translation sucks sadly
I'm sorry to hear that. I don't speak/read any languages other than English, so there was no way for me to do quality control on the translations that I received.

Anyway, thanks for playing!