Forums » StepMania Development » Sound Voltex game type dev/planning

Alright, since SDVX is awesome, I'm planning to add support. This thread is both for discussion and notes.

First things that will need to happen:
* A base game mode, with columns ABCD and EF placed between AB and CD respectively. Columns GH are needed but I'm not sure how to handle them yet.
* Analog input support in menus (knobs)
* Fading between tracks. I don't know how this is handled in SDVX really, but I can probably work out something similar by looking at KSM.

AFAIK, keysounds aren't used (except for maybe by the FX buttons/cols E/F?), just multiple background tracks.

It's worth noting that I don't care in the slightest about the details of SDVX's scoring, judging, etc. Just the gameplay and the engine features needed to make it happen.
yyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Its not a bug its a FEATURE!
Do we have any progress on this? It would be awesome to play SDVX with Stepmania!
well there is kshootmania http://kshoot.client.jp/download.html
we could support that file format since songs are now appearing online.
the problem with kshootmania is that it's written in HSP a Japanese programming language that has no existence elsewhere it runs on wine but it gives some problems on my system.
Also the theming capabilities of stepmania are superior to kshootmania's so I really hope it gets into stepmania.
This likely isn't going to happen in SM5 or anything derived from it.
you need to make 3D lane then..
and some option to add camera effect,lane effect(like in lachryma) and lane movement effect....
idk f it's possible to do that in SM
gags please dont
With NewSkins and NewField, Kyzentun has already made it so that note columns can follow splines and waveforms, and the whole field can be moved/skewed with mods.

So it might be possible in some version of SM5. We'd need a new simfile format to pull it off though.