Forums » News » StepMania 5 beta 4a this weekend

Sorry, my checkout was out of date, and from before the merge of the 10.9 pull request.

This merge includes a call to sync_volume_np (in MemoryCardDriverThreaded_MacOSX::Unmount) which was not added until 10.8, so we basically killed pre-10.8 compatibility with this change.

int     sync_volume_np(const char *, int) __OSX_AVAILABLE_STARTING(__MAC_10_8, __IPHONE_NA);

Restoring the old version of Unmount allows the current master branch to build with the 10.6 SDK.

There's a #define that can be checked for this, right? It'd be nice to still allow building against the older SDK.

(also, I should really update the DL page! It's on my todo list...)
Seems reasonable to use the constants that appear to be associated with the method:

#if defined(SYNC_VOLUME_FULLSYNC) && defined(SYNC_VOLUME_WAIT)
Yes, that is to be expected if you attempt to run SM5 beta 4a on OS X in fullscreen mode. As I noted on the previous page, fullscreen support on OS X will be broken for the foreseeable future.

Okay, that's fine, but how to I run it in windowed mode without opening the application? Is there a config file I can change?
Find ~/Library/Preferences/StepMania 5/Save/Preferences.ini and search for this line:
Windowed=0

Change it to Windowed=1 and you should be in windowed mode.

Side note from the Docs link up above: On Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) and newer, the Library directory in /Users/<username> is no longer readily accessible as it was in previous versions of Mac OS.

You can get there using the Go to Folder... command. It can be found in the Go menu at the top of your screen while on your Desktop.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
Xd
Hello everyone, dbk2 it says that my DDR Next Generation theme is not found. Although I added the Theme like I would on the old StepMania.
Just wanted to stop by and say thanks, Jberney, following your suggestions I was able to build beta 4a to run fullscreen on OSX 10.10!
Just wanted to stop by and say thanks, Jberney, following your suggestions I was able to build beta 4a to run fullscreen on OSX 10.10!
can i get this build? thanx!