Forums » News » Stepmania 5.0.6 released

For the next release, can you guys just replace the previous folder with the new one, cause its a pain moving EVERYTHING to the new SM.
Use the folder in %APPDATA% or use the AdditionalSongFolders or AdditionalFolders preferences in %APPDATA%/StepMania 5.0/Save/Preferences.ini
Then you don't have to worry about moving things.
I use the AdditonalSongFolders preference like this:
AdditionalSongFolders=/home/kyzentun/songs/kyz_wip_songs/,/home/kyzentun/songs/Songs/,/home/kyzentun/songs/special_people/,/home/kyzentun/songs/expert_only_songs/,/home/kyzentun/songs/touhou/,/home/kyzentun/songs/stepmix/

(obviously the folder names would be different on Windows or OS X. I'm on Linux)
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
Use the folder in %APPDATA% or use the AdditionalSongFolders or AdditionalFolders preferences in %APPDATA%/StepMania 5.0/Save/Preferences.ini
Then you don't have to worry about moving things.
I use the AdditonalSongFolders preference like this:
AdditionalSongFolders=/home/kyzentun/songs/kyz_wip_songs/,/home/kyzentun/songs/Songs/,/home/kyzentun/songs/special_people/,/home/kyzentun/songs/expert_only_songs/,/home/kyzentun/songs/touhou/,/home/kyzentun/songs/stepmix/

(obviously the folder names would be different on Windows or OS X. I'm on Linux)

Thank you, your a lifesaver!
mute key request
Done, will be in 5.0.7, whenever that is. I had to dig through every sound call and decide which ones to mark as actions that get muted and which ones to not. Basically, everything not part of gameplay is marked as an action and will be mutable.
per-profile global offset
I don't think it's a good idea to put the offset in common profiles because it's not really part of a player's configuration or stats, it's part of the machine configuration. Also, putting it in common profiles would cause problems for people using SM5 in an arcade setting where someone could bring in a profile on a USB drive.

But, it is useful to a home user to be able to pick an offset from a list of choices, so I added that to my theme. The best I could do for the default theme would be making text entry prompt for entering the new offset, no picking from a configured list.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit