Forums » Input, Adapters & Controllers » Pad works in 5.0 alpha 3/sm 4 but not in newer stepmanias

My dance pad looks like this one made by Mayflash but with a black border on the outside instead of green and it has connectors for playstation 2/xbox.
http://www.mayflash.com/Products/DANCEPADS/PC036.html

My computer runs Windows 7 64 bit.
I've tried the newer versions of SM 5.0 on another computer (Win 7 64 bit) with no success in detection.

So I have a Folder with portable.ini for Stepmania 5.0 alpha 3, my usb Dance Pad is detected and works perfectly; it also works in the Stepmania 3.9/4 backup I had (changelog.txt says 3.9 rc4, in program says 4.0 CVS, info .txt says StepMania 3.9 Compiled Thu Oct 27 20:13:46 2005 (build 30756).

However, when I try to use versions of Stepmania 5 installed to another folder with portable.ini the dance pad is not detected. I have tried deleting the folder in %appdata% and uninstalling Stepmania 5.0 alpha 2, and the dance pad is still not working.

There is a GamePad Pro USB.ini in the auto mappings folder that matches to the alpha 3 file, I have tried replacing the keymaps.ini with the file from 5.0 a3 and also tried copying over the save and data folders.

Not what do I do?

Well, I think the first thing you should do is get a fresh install of the latest stepmania (without any extra files), plug in your pad, go to the input testing and see if it is detected.
<YungDaVinci> but what does it mean
<YungDaVinci> what is kyzentun
<Kyzentun> It means Kyzentun.
<Jousway> what the fuck is a Kyzentun