Forums » Input, Adapters & Controllers » Looking for where to buy cheap pcb for control box

Hi, just joined the forums, and I'm looking to get back into DDR. I have an old home pad, but no control box. Everywhere I look buying a pad is not cheap. (Controllers are a pain to solder, so I was trying to avoid that). Any sources that I'm missing? Cheapest/easiest do far is a ddrgame ion box for ps2/usb at $30 ea.
Thanks !
You can't just plug any control box into any dance pad, they have to match up.
Right, but in making my own control box, I'm looking for a broken pad, or something to use as the board in the control box. Ideally cheaper than $30.
The only one I recommend are the DDRGame Energy 4in1 dance pads. Their circuit boards have filters on all the inputs so it's less likely to die in a metal pad from static plus they are easy to work with if you sand down all the inputs they are a breeze to solder to and have been very reliable in my testing. Be aware that the Start button (only Start) will mess up everything for some reason so don't use Start unless you have to, and if you do add a 10Ohm resistor in-line, it's the only strange thing about the board. The pads are about $22.
Thanks! Any hints where you see them that cheap? Anywhere I look I see around $35.
Amazon, well it does indeed to be alot higher now than it was last month cheapest now is $31 shipped.
Amazon, well it does indeed to be alot higher now than it was last month cheapest now is $31 shipped.
Does anyone have an idea about whether or not it would be possible to make a control box out of a Teensy dev board? Are the pinouts on these usually just per-button, so building a simple HID controller and mapping the correct buttons could work?