Forums » Input, Adapters & Controllers » Fix Axis Problem on Linux (Konami PS3 pad)

Since I bought the PS3 DDR bundle a while ago, I needed to fix the axis problem when used with StepMania.
I wrote a little tool that maps undocumented vendor-specific HID report items to linux input events using hidraw and uinput.

Today, I got around to putting it up on GitHub: https://github.com/Orochimarufan/HIDRAW

As I only have the official Konami PS3 pad, it doesn't support any other hardware right now.
It should however be fairly easy to adapt the uinput_ddrpad code to other hardware by using the HIDRAW_test tool to print out the undocumented report fields (In the INPUT report) and modifying the ps3_ddrpad_report_t struct and read_report() function to reflect that. Other than that only the VENDOR and PRODUCT #defines need to be changed to the respective hardware's values.

I hope it'll be of use to some of you :D

Last edited: 29 March 2015 6:21am

God you may save my Pad *-*
But that's only for Linux ?
Yes, this is only for Linux.
Since this kind of thing does direct talking to both hardware and specific kernel interfaces, it's bound to be very tightly coupled to your OS.
Neither do I have enough knowledge about Windows (or OS X for that matter) internals to port it there.

I do believe I saw another Thread claiming to fix the Axis problem on Windows though.
I hope you get your pad working ;)

PS: Why not try out Linux? It's not as hard as it seems :)