Forums » General StepMania » Toasties

A thread on the SMO forum has some instructions on adding toasties to the default theme because they were dropped. (I don't know why, or miss them)
Since editing the default theme is cumbersome, and it's cumbersome to move those changes forward every time you upgrade to a new version, I have packaged the toasties Cube posted into a simple theme that falls back on default.
This way, you don't have to worry about copying the stuff forward next time you upgrade to a new version of stepmania. Just put this theme in your Themes folder and use it.
(PS: Use %APPDATA%/StepMania 5.0/Themes/ or ~/.stepmania-5.0/Themes/ on linux, or ~/Library/Application Support/StepMania 5/Themes/ on OS X (side note: the data dir on OS X is going to be renamed to have ".0" on the end like the others in the next release) to avoid needing to copy themes to whatever new folder you install stepmania in)
Google drive link

I'm too lazy to make an account on the SMO forum, so someone should probably post this over there too.

Last edited: 29 January 2015 7:36am

< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
I think they just need a different graphic to be in SM, the original one was from DDR.
I think they just need a different graphic to be in SM, the original one was from DDR.
this is correct. I am unsure of where the female voice sample was from, however.
this is correct. I am unsure of where the female voice sample was from, however.

the sound for toasty was kyle ward or something
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
Does anyone have this working in 5.0.10? It stopped working for me several versions ago and I've spent hours trying unsuccessfully to get it working again. The audio plays but the character doesn't appear on screen. I even tried the 5.0.10 executable with an old beta's default theme (that I knew this worked in before) and it still wouldn't work so it seems like something changed in the executable rather than in the default theme.

I did notice this in the main metrics.ini of the default theme:

ToastyDisplayP1OnCommand=visible,false

However when I went back and checked I saw it's been like that for years, even when the toasties were working. I tried changing "false" to "true" and something pretty amazing happened (why is this not enabled by default or at least as an option?), but the toasty character still didn't appear.

Any help would be appreciated.