Forums » General Questions » SM5 Error when launching

Hello everyone, i have been play SM 3.9b for long time then i stop playing because life got busy. Now that i have some time to play again and i saw there was the new SM5 beta 3. I wanted to give it a try so i Downloaded it and installed it. When i go to play it I get an Error say "the program can't start because d3dx9_43.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." I have do it like three time and still get the same message. I have a friend who is playing this version and is playing just fine. So I ass him to look for this file and send it to me and he did so and i still get this message. Can any one help me or should i just stay playing SM 3.9b.
That means you need to download the .dll archive here: es.dll-files.com/d3dx9_43.dll.html

The follow this steps:

Using the zip file
Download d3dx9_43.zip
Extract d3dx9_43.dll from d3dx9_43.zip. We recommend that you extract d3dx9_43.dll to the installation directory of the program that is requesting d3dx9_43.dll.
If that doesn't work, you will have to extract d3dx9_43.dll to your system directory. By default, this is:
C:\Windows\System (Windows 95/98/Me)
C:\WINNT\System32 (Windows NT/2000)
C:\Windows\System32 (Windows XP, Vista, 7)
If you use a 64-bit version of Windows, you should also place d3dx9_43.dll in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\
Make sure overwrite any existing files (but make a backup copy of the original file).
Reboot your computer.
If the problem still occurs, try the following:
Open Windows Start menu and select "Run...".
Type CMD and press Enter (or if you use Windows ME, type COMMAND)).
Type regsvr32 d3dx9_43.dll and press Enter.

Hope this helps
If the other link give you errors of 404, then use the same link (same website and is in english): http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?d3dx9_43
thanks for the help that was the problem it is working now
I'm having a similar issue however its saying that the side by side configuration is incorrect.
I'm having a similar issue however its saying that the side by side configuration is incorrect.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29

Last edited: 25 April 2014 12:00am