Forums » Themes » [SM5.1] BRAND NEW Vacuum ship cursor (Animated) [Noteskin/Newskin]

Horray for Stepmania master branch will move to BRAND NEW 5.1

No need screenshot, that's a trick to prevent people move away, instead they download it to see it and if disappointed, they deleted it. looks disappointing for devs, but worth us a people to download and try.

At a momment it's not finished yet. I put it crumpled on my personal Stepmania assets GitHub:
JOELwindows7/Personal-Stepmania

it's on NewSkins folder. just download and extract them in their according folder. well put the content on Personal-Stepmania-master at the root of .stepmania-5.0

Improve this please if you need something than I mind about, so the NewSkin will looks authentical to a best 5 starred comercial games on that service.
If this newskin become appropriate for standalone repository, I can move this noteskin to a new repostitory for ease of download and/or simply make it more popular

oh yeah, I'm so sorry Jousway and Kyzentun, I've borrowed your Lua Script and image for the base and temporary fallbacks. please forgive me :(

The newskin is based on USWf5.1 and default Consentient which are made by Jousway. He made a universal lua script that I took for, serveral Noteskinnings at that time.
I was waiting for Hanubeki's noteskin engine which I would like to use it to make this noteskin universal, but unfortunately his PC broken and need to wait for it to be fixed. The reason I need him to fix his noteskin is that the receptor and explosion has failed after 5.1 alpha 2. Something that causes it incompatible with...

Some people escpecially the newbies finds the installation difficult.
The project file at the exact folder to make you get it: HERE

Hidden stuffs:
Spoiler (click to view)

Shakesoda name had written in that purple credit paper! Then I said "You serious man!".
The creator of the project said that Shakesoda helped him creating the private fork of this Stepmania SSC for a special events.
Shakesoda might have continued to work on there.
If you don't believe, check the website. His real name is Colby Klein, and you won't believe it.

Unfortunately until now, the update was seems suspended up to Early Access stage.

What do their encryption type they did use to that?!

I had been aware the Shakesoda had ever idealized Lua based stepchart. it's still not finished until now.
I was really afraid. We would not know if someday the purple already been uses that system without our notice, worse they are encrypted into a special archive DLC file.
But that was just an assumption. What do we afraid that Shakesoda would select that one and leave us alone. However we never able to know until he replied something somewhere.

Don't negative thinking first! until someone breaks the .pulsen and .verify files!

Hey, Kyzentun, what do you think becoming CPU?
Kyzentun is Neptunia!!! OMG! He likes to play HyperDimension, Neptunia!!!!
lol, sorry, don't angry, just kidding, idk if you did or not.

-+-+-+-+-+-+
>:D hehehehehehehe! all your project is MINE!!! I can produce whole noteskins whatever I WANT!!!!!!!
ok nvm, I just kidding. lol.

Last edited: 2 May 2016 8:02am

The Founder of Perkedel Corporation
Retract to this original post! Sorry was double posted due to a strange Chrome Ubuntu bug
NEW UPDATE!!!

- Last 128th note was black. Now it's GREEN, no longer confusable!
- Note sprite updates:
+ Lift note are now masked with something special. Now it has 3 'V' shaped arch each forms RGB from vacuum sphere to the nose of the ship. Also above them it has a bruise light shinning above the sphere
+ Started the Vertical hold bar. WIP!
+ Mine was the burn spiral to kill mosquito that we usually called it Baygon. To prevent copyright infringement that are based on greed, now the mine is SEIZURE
+ more?
- etc.

Last edited: 29 April 2016 10:46am

ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED!
It's been a while that people had played with this noteskin. But, we don't know if the shape of it, is triangle with an eye, that could be interpreted as All Seeing Eye ship!!
So don't play this noteskin!, this is illuminati!, it's blasphemy!

Ok, stop playing that video game (Illuminati Confirmer game), back to topic!
Update:
* Finished the Vertical hold bar
* Cool Artistic! Roll bar is started right now, first it was Horizontal one.
* Can you all respond to me please? thx for not. I had been based this on Jousway's newskins and Kyzentun's default newskin engine so idk his reaction would be.
+ Bar length optimization tried again
+ Hold bar and roll bars are now ANIMATED, technology from Kyzentun and Jousway default newskin
+ Please can you help me to make the easiner script (I might have to crawl around Jousway's USWfSM5.1 newskins again to find if the technology was already exists):
- The lift note state to base on tap note state, only each frame taken is forward by 4 away from its origin. This noteskin has multiple frames in one file containing Taps and Lifts.
- Hold bar for vertical has the assignment problem. the Up hold bar head (it's the tip) takes from the half of it's really from the image it should. While the down arrow, it shows the tip fully normal.
- Something that you can improve by committing something more than I mind about.
* No indication that it should be labeled as illuminati because Joel didn't meant to create something like that to make it popular than usual. Moreover (Besides), he had been thought this concept when he was about 11 to 12 years old. Speaking about age, he created it today at his sweet 17th age. (Note: 17 years old is considered mature in Indonesia and gained right to have Identity card, Driving License, etc.)
* Joel had also planned to plagiaze (not as authentic as) Pulsen noteskin using usual Inkscape. Kevin Ghadiyani was not reached this thread and we will post an update if he react outside or he will put it here as he shares his reactions. Please don't kill us!

Last edited: 30 April 2016 9:45am

NEW! VERTICAL ROLL!!!
Technically the 4 key Dance noteskin is complete.
However not all other is. So, I want to make this newskin support all gametype. While I was a beginner, I was learning the newskin lua system. It was extremly hard and complex!
Also I then confused for which engine again to be chosen, between Hanubeki or Jousway USW. Currently it was under Jousway USW + Kyzentun. Unfortunately, at a momment it was stuck only in dance gametype. They got animation state, quantization state differentiations also available up to hold and rolls, lift quantizations.
Hanubeki's cover all gametype but it is not animated. But it offers serveral parameters such as Scratch disk placement left or right, colorization based on, lift between arrow or octagon, etc. So I do need to combine those for much optimization.

What I want to do is to make this newskin cover all gametypes, animated, serveral things.
well, because I do already used this engine while Hanubeki newskin has been fixed, it leaves a hassle to me. I do have to move to Hanubeki's engine but considering the refference variables could be complex.