Forums » Themes » Theme help - tweening code

Hi everyone, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm looking for a way to marquee three different text bodies in a rotating manner (with a bit of complication in that if one or two of the stepartist datasets come back nil, only 1 or 2 rotate). The current bug that I'm looking to squash is that this code continues to run when the screen is exited by selecting a song (this code is on ScreenSelectMusic). I'd like it that once the offcommand is triggered, the quecommand loop stops immediately. At present, if I select a song, the screen hangs at "press green to enter options" Full theme available upon request (it's a modified simply love). I've been looking for a theme to copy/borrow code from that marquee between different text states, but I have yet to find any. Thanks everyone!

https://github.com/Horsey-/Simply-Love-SM5/blob/master/BGAnimations/ScreenSelectMusic%20overlay/PerPlayer/StepArtist.lua

[relevant code starts at line 94]

You might want to try using
self:stoptweening()
in the OffCommand.
I swear I tried that before and it didn't work because stoptweening was supposed to be only for certain types of actors/sprites or whatever (maybe that was oITG only?). For whatever reason it solved my issues. Thank you based tertu.