Forums » Themes » [Closed: Move update][SM5.1] Vacuum ship cursor (Preview only w/ DL link) [Noteskin/Newskin]

This Noteskin has been stopped, as a replacement please move to a new topic.

EMERGENCY UPLOAD! WE'VE BEEN SPAMMED YOU BEFORE. PLEASE ACCEPT OUR APOLOGISE!

I begun to manufacture a Noteskin. I just get started. this thing is not perfect yet. we need help from professional noteskinners for SM5.1, to build lua scripts and teach how to make a noteskin.

New vacuum1
New Vacuum2

As you can see there, I tested my newskin in the the song supplied with the Stepmania 5: Mecha - Tribe Assault.
Spoiler (click to view)Spoiler: Download Stepmania source
Spoiler (click to view)Download link is in Stepmania Github: here
or click that "Download" button above!

I'm not talking about that download. The topic of download today is bellow:
Now please click here and take a look at this Newskin. (Deprecated)
And this is the always updated version
That link above, I already put the key on that briefcase. simply download it and give me a feedback.

Info about this Newskin: This noteskin is basically was planned for Stomp game. one of the noteskin for.
Spoiler (click to view)
This build of the Newskin is for SM5.1. It is based on the Default Newskin. who wrote this? is it Kyzentun? definetly...

Tap Note
These tap notes, is based upon my long time ago ship concept. it is a handless star shaped ship with a vacuum sphere on it.
As you can see, the style of it is exactly follows the Default example, because I was just beginning the manufacture.

receptor
This is your receptor. I wasn't having any idea how should the receptor should looks like, other than it would be like this ship docking station.
as above, 64x64 image is how does the Default example sizes of that receptor.

mine
This thing, is mine. Yes, a bomb in this noteskin. You know how should you face this beast right? yep. It's not spinning yet, but if I can make it rotate, eyes away from this, the red whirl thingy is Hypo tool drawn line.
Oh yeah, if you opened that file in Photoshop or GIMP and zoom it in, you might able to see its details. I hope Inkscape render won't looks so compressed because I saw it compressed in my image viewer.

explosion
When you hit a note, this image pops. cartoonic explosion in vector. Nope, not vector anymore.

Once you downloaded the file, extract that folder inside the zip file called "vacuum-ship_preview" directly to put it on
Stepmania-data://NewSkins

Stepmania-data can be:
~/.stepmania for Linux
%appdata%/.stepmania for Windows (I think so..)

Last edited: 23 April 2016 9:41am

The Founder of Perkedel Corporation
The color of the mine is too similar to the color of the 4th note. When playing with a high speed mod, it's easy to think a mine is a tap and hit it on accident.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
The color of the mine is too similar to the color of the 4th note. When playing with a high speed mod, it's easy to think a mine is a tap and hit it on accident.
I can change, how should it be looks like? because yeah, it's dominantly red, red 4th note you thought of.
It seems, the unused colors are: green, white

like this one:
it looks like Baygon burn mosquito killer
welp, it looks like burn spiral to kill mosquito, we're not mosquito. But the idea is that we accidentally stepped on it and ARGH IT'S HOT!!!

should I add a donut in it?

Last edited: 19 March 2016 1:02am

BUMP!!!
Please check the always updated git here

Last edited: 24 March 2016 6:15am

Closed, I've made a new one