Forums » Themes » Noteskin issue ...

Hello, sorry to be of a bother again. I am now having an issue with SM5 not recognising that I have a new noteskin in the "NoteSkins" folder. I even deleted an old one, that of which is still there apparently. The new noteskin simply won't show. What could the issue be? I can't change to the new noteskin as it's not recognising it ... I don't know if I was supposed to do this but I emptied the cache and all that did appareantly was make the client "load" all of the songs again.
Check the FallbackNoteSkin metric in the metrics.ini of the noteskin. If you don't have the noteskin it falls back on, the game won't load it. (the game also prints an error to the log file when this occurs, to make tracking down the problem easier)
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
The FallbackNoteSkin is "default" and I have that. Just for reference, the noteskin that I am trying to get to work here is Staiain's "modded" noteskin. There are quite a few logs and don't know which to look into for what might be causing this. Should I change the FallbackNoteSkin to the one that I am trying to apply, "modded"?
No, don't modify the noteskin, that'll probably just break it more. Hold F3, hit F6, then hit 8 to turn on the in-game debugging reports. That makes it easier to see the problem to report without searching for a log file. (though if the theme you're using is low quality, it'll report problems constantly) If the game doesn't crash, %APPDATA%/StepMania 5.0/Logs/log.txt is the only one that really matters. If the game does crash, it should tell you where the crash log is.

Post a link to the noteskin.
--
--
I tried to enable the debugging window and that did not show any form of debugging going on ... Here is the link to the NoteSkin I downloaded: http://puu.sh/aTJk5/7a97a41fb8.rar The log is too long to read, I can upload it to somewhere if you really want to read through it.

Last edited: 23 January 2016 6:54pm

Put it in NoteSkins/dance, not just in NoteSkins
--
--
I don't have a dance file to put it in. Do I make one?
Yes, make a folder named "dance" inside the NoteSkins folder and put the noteskin in there.
I should have realized this was the problem from the start.
--
--