Forums » Themes » Consensual theme has weird effects that I don't know how to turn off :/

Hello!

I just started using the Consensual theme and everything is fantastic, except when I try to play a song, after hitting a few notes successfully the notefield becomes small and a lot of weird effects occur that I don't know how to turn off. This includes making the notefield small as heck, as well as fading in notes. I have tried resetting mods, and I am also using OpenGL renderer. How would I turn these off?

GruzzlyBear :)

Last edited: 25 November 2015 3:19am

Whoops, I forgot to make the mods adjust on gameplay feature actually check the flag for turning it on. So it was interpreting asdfzxcvjkl;m,./ as keys for adjusting mods when it shouldn't. If you update, the problem should go away, though you'll have to clear out the accidental persistent mods. ("Unset Persistent" in the mod's menu will make it not persistent, or edit Save/LocalProfiles/00000000/consensual_settings/player_config_v2.lua by hand and turn the "persistent_mods" table into an empty table (99% chance you will break the file if you do, so editing by hand isn't a good idea. Deleting the file is safe though if you're fine with resetting your profile config.))

I should really add it to the the readme. I added changing mods on gameplay on a lark one day, to prove it's not hard, then forgot about it. The keys (and mods) are configurable, set by Save/consensual_settings/mod_adjust_keys.lua so it can be used by keyboard players.

Side note: IRC is the best way to contact me. #stepmania-devs on irc.freenode.net.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit