Forums » Themes » [SM5][Theme] Consensual

Started playing Stepmania again and decided I would finally upgrade to a newer version (from Stepmania 3.9). When I saw that I might be able to favorite songs and sort them accordingly it got me super excited! But...now that I've run Consensual I'm a little confused on a couple things. Are you able to change the auto-adjust settings? I like to sync any song I first play using the auto adjust, didn't see that available anywhere. Same with setting controller inputs, couldn't find that anywhere either. Would I have to set the controls in the default theme then switch over to Consensual?

Or, if favorite functionality will eventually be added to Stepmania 5 then I could just wait til then. It's just that the overall layout of Consensual is vastly different than the Stepmania I'm used to.

Thanks for all the hard work, though! I didn't want to come off as ungrateful or anything lol.
I left out the usual main menu elements like "Options" "Edit Songs" and "Exit" because I didn't want to deal with having two main menu screens, one for arcade mode and one for home mode. Hit Scroll Lock to access the Service Options menu and configure your key settings and other common options.

The sync settings are in their usual place, hit F6 at the beginning of a song to cycle between "Sync Song", "Sync Machine" and "Sync Tempo".

Given the fact that the community as a whole has almost completely ignored this theme, I have no plans to reimplement any of its important features as part of Stepmania 5's main engine unless someone is willing to pay me to do so.
I don't mind questions or suggestions for improving functionality, it's just the silence and people who only say, "The graphics are terrible" that irritate me.

PS: Controller config is getting an overhaul for beta 4.
Also, Nightly Build #845 is also correctly packaged, the build bot was fixed.

Last edited: 4 September 2014 5:16pm

< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
Ah cool, didn't know about any of the hidden key presses for stuff. Problem solved!

Honestly, the only thing that I've felt that Stepmania has been missing is to be able to mark a song as favorite and then have a sorting group of just those favorited songs. I've got over 1800 songs in my library and it's a hassle to manually move the actual files into their own 'Favorites' folder.

And you won't see me complaining about graphics, as long as I can see arrows and play the game as intended. Functionality over prettiness, I always say.
I have over 14000 songs in my collection. The main reason I wrote a custom music wheel was to make it so I could use title sort without scrolling past the hundreds or thousands of songs in a letter. (somewhere over 400 songs that start with "the ")
Once I had that, it seemed a good idea to add lots of sorting features to the wheel to make it more useful.
--
--
Hey there! First of all thank you for putting in the work to make this theme happen! :)

I had been looking for a favourite feature for ages, so this theme seemed like the perfect solution... but I can't seem to make it work. I've tried with both the 834 and 845 builds and keep getting the same error on the main screen when I press play. Any idea what I might be able to do in order to fix it? Thanks in advance for any help provided!

Error screen - http://i58.tinypic.com/2n6xgdt.jpg
Use build 849 or 850. That function was added after build 845.
Also make sure you map a select button if you don't normally. It's easier to use the menus if you have a select button.
--
--
Minor bump so that people know that they should update Consensual when updating to SM5 beta 4.
--
--
New things:
Cursors modified to have arrows to show which buttons can be used to move them and pulse.
Initial menu can be configured.
Color configuration screen added.
Sort by any word in the song title. Sort by step artist.
Time added to song progress bar.
Chuunibyou mod.

Spoiler (click to view)Turn off easter eggs tomorrow if you don't want to play double.
--
--