Forums » Themes » [SM5][Theme] Consensual

oh, good luck with moving but excuse me for my rudeness but, when will you make it? if you make it.
i am full keyboard stepmania player. please don't judge me

i am also from czech republic so please forgive me my bad english
This pause menu might not have been worth the work it took.
Using the pause menu will cause a count of the number of pauses to show on the eval screen as part of your score.

Grades can be shown on music wheel now.

Last edited: 9 January 2016 2:23pm

< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
did you make grades show in the music wheeljust thanks to me or there were more requests from other people?
also that pause menu looks cool

Last edited: 12 January 2016 7:36am

I did the grades for you. Other people probably would have requested as time passed. The pause menu is because it's really unwieldy to tune everything right without live editing, and there's going to be more to tune in SM 5.1. (I can think of one specific person that hates "fat" arrows and will probably adjust the x zoom downwards)

Last edited: 12 January 2016 8:44am

--
--
i have a weird problem. everytime i try to play song holographic universe from xynnunited 2 the rate meter will automatically shift to 1.27 and i cant change it by any means, but when i play different song i can change it without problem. i havent seen this problém in any other song.
EDIT: i have seen it in queen of the dark horizons form aces picks-serious stuff which has almost 15 minutes but the rate shifted to 2.00, the first one something over six or seven minutes(im not sure), i think it may have something to do with the length of the song

Last edited: 18 January 2016 9:59am

Fixed, I think. There was some old code hanging around that was setting the rate mod to force a song that is longer than the remaining credit time to fit in.

You should set your credit time or grace time higher if you want to play long songs.
The credit time system is designed to defeat people who use length patching or other tricks to play 10-20 minute songs on arcade machines where the machine owner intended 6 minutes of play time. (Figure normal is 3 songs, each 2 minutes long, comes out to 6 minutes of play time)
So the machine operator can set a Credit Time, Min Remaining Time, and Grace Time for controlling how long someone plays on a single credit.
Credit Time is the amount of time a player gets when they insert a credit and begin playing. When someone plays a song, they use up Credit Time equal to the song length. So someone starts with 6 minutes of credit time, plays a 2 minute song, and they have 4 minutes of credit time remaining.
Min Remaining Time is how much time must be left for a player to be able to pick another song. If Min Remaining Time is 30 seconds, and the player's Credit Time is less than 30 seconds after finishing the song, Consensual assumes there are no songs left and ends their credit.
Grace Time allows a player to pick a song that is longer than the remaining Credit Time. If the song length is less than Credit Time plus Grace Time, the player is allowed to pick it and play it. Songs that are longer than Credit TIme plus Grace Time don't show up in the song list.

For home play, I set a Credit Time of 240 minutes, so I can pick anything. When I go to events, I set Credit Time down to 4 minutes and Grace Time to 2 minutes, so players usually get 3 songs.
--
--
i have got yet another suggestion: can you add note per seconds setting? sometimes im wondering how many notes per second i hit. also since i instaled consensual, the BOOM sound from default theme dissapeared.

I don't feel like writing the code for an updating graph on gameplay right now, so I just committed the ScreenButtonMash that I wrote for testing the idea months ago when Prim consulted me about measuring nps. It's an option on the initial menu. You mash a single key and see what you can get it up to. The "count" lines are the nps calculated by counting the presses for that many seconds. It's only a single key because you can press one key per finger with each wrist movement, so counting multiple keys would just be silly, I'd get 29 nps just by mashing with all four fingers of my right hand.

With my right hand, I can get the 10 second count up to 7.2 or 7.3. My left hand gets up to 6.8. I think both my legs get up to 6.5, but it's been a couple months since I tested them.
--
--