Forums » Themes » [SM5][Theme] Consensual

That video was with C900 and standard sm J4.

I made this chart to test it better, activate fail off and only hit the 6 note chords. First two sets are 4ths, following two 8th and last two 16ths. Regardless of timing window (tested J4 and J7), scroll speed (tested C300 and C900) and rate (tested 0.5x, 1x and 2x) the behavior was the same, in the sets with an extra note per column, the extra note never disappear and for the the other sets, only the last two notes of the set with 4ths did not disappear (5 measures apart from the chord).

Tested a bit and the timing config seems to work fine although I get a warning 'SetPreference: unknown preference "TimingWindowSecondsCheckpoint"' but checking the changelog that was added only after the 5.0.9 release.
I'm still not experiencing the problem when I play, but I did think of a possibility:
It's possible to have keys bound for changing mods while on gameplay, so go check whether the Adjust Mods on Gameplay flag is enabled, then go check the config file to see what keys are mapped for it and whether you might be pressing those keys.
The option should default to off though.
In retrospect, I should have made the option per-profile instead of global, but it's the kind of thing that's impossible to use when not playing on the keyboard, and only one person can play on a keyboard.

Last edited: 21 October 2015 7:52am

< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
That's already off. Tested out on a profile with clean mods and it doesn't happen, I'll try to single out what mod is causing it.

EDIT: Apparently the problem is having the MinTNSToHideNotes set to None.

Last edited: 21 October 2015 11:15am

Well, that's not practical for me to fix then. Just set MinTNSToHideNotes to TNS_MIss if you want it to hide even notes that you miss. The engine's logic for judging notes isn't something I want to touch any time soon.

In other news, I added a menu for hiding noteskins (which I have way too many of).
--
--
please can you add grades showing next to songs. maybe somthing like AAA AA A B C

Last edited: 22 December 2015 5:51am

i am full keyboard stepmania player. please don't judge me

i am also from czech republic so please forgive me my bad english
Use the Grading Config menu in the Theme Options to pick your grade sprite image and what score each grade is at.
The menu lets you pick any image in Graphics/grades to use for the grades. Each frame in the sprite sheet is one grade.

You might also want to use the Scoring Config menu to set the scoring weights to the SM5 default instead of the ITG scoring.

Last edited: 22 December 2015 6:03am

--
--
i already know that but im asking about the select song screen so you would have something like
Goin'under AAA AA A B C
i am full keyboard stepmania player. please don't judge me

i am also from czech republic so please forgive me my bad english
Ah. Putting grades on the music wheel will take some work, and I'm too busy moving to a new house to do it this week.
--
--