Tested the reskin with the current build and it's looking pretty nice. My only complaints from an HCI perspective is that the extra click to select the difficulty after selecting the song is mostly unnecessary, the pervasive footbar in the song selection screen is also unnecessary and the window for the current selected song is way too big to the point of showing too little of the song selection wheel (which hinders browsing).
I misinterpreted a mockup from dbk2 to mean that he wanted two part selection, and implemented it because I think it'll mean fewer people asking how to change the difficulty next time I take it to an event. So I need to go in and implement a config option to pick whether the machine is set to two part selection.
I dislike the footbar too.
The footbar actually tells you how to collapse the window for the current selected song, if you have a Select button mapped. And your collapse choice should be properly saved.
Showing the timing windows alongside the judgements in the result screen was a nice surprise. No idea what the "TWS: 1.00000" is supposed to be but would be nice to see the current mods there.
I just did that on a whim because I was playing with TimingWindowScale 0.25 for a couple days. It made the game more challenging.
It would also be nice to have a sum column in the result screen that counts only the current song as it currently only shows session totals.
I would have to restructure the eval screen to allow more columns to fit nicely, or only allow 4 to be turned on at any time, or something like that.
Also, for some reason when I enable toasties in the gameplay flags, ...
Not a bug. Toasty confirmed to work perfectly. (edit post so others can enjoy the surprise)
Problems that people not on 5.0.9 will see:
BlendMode_Subtract is broken in the d3d renderer. On 5.0.8, this means an instant crash. On 5.0.9, it'll just mean everything rendering wrong. Switch to opengl renderer in Preferences.ini.
ActorMultiVertex had a bug which causes my logo animation to have some missing verts.
update_centering on the cons service screen. If you try to use the cons service screen to edit the CenterImage* preferences, you'll see an error when it tries to tell Stepmania to update the prefs.
The engine function used for updating the cursor size changed to be more convenient, so on 5.0.8 the cursor will resize <fps>x as fast as it should. (the frame delta was being multiplied into the speed on the lua side before, now it's being done on the C++ side)