Forums » Themes » [SM5][Theme] Consensual

Finally cleaned stuff up enough to allow it to be committed and implemented some of the stuff.

- Max combo now uses RadarCategory_Notes if it's available.
- Judgment tilting easter egg checks reverse_tilts_judge flag.
- Notefield has a y offset config value.
- Changing the scoring or life config reloads the metrics so they actually take effect in the current session.
- All mods can now be made persistent.

Profile config stuff has been migrated from player_config.lua to player_config_v2.lua. The migration should be seamless, you will get a notification that you can safely delete the old config file. If you don't delete it, it'll be ignored after the first load, but it will be loaded each time to check the migration flag.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
The make persistent option is working somewhat oddly. The interface suggests it is a toggle for each mod but if you exit and return to the mod setting it is always not highlighted; in practice after you make it persistent the only way to 'unmake persistent' is making the default setting persistent. With rate mod for example, the rate is reverted to whatever rate you make persistent after any song you play even if you changed the rate for that song (but did not highlight make persistent). With my other (floaty) mods I think that only happens when I start a new session (I actually forgot what happened when I tested).

And for the 'No Mines' mod it doesn't work at all (even though this was originally a persistent mod), it always reverts back to having mines when I start a new session.

If that's related to recent changes on the main game, I'm still using 5.0.7.

Last edited: 29 April 2015 10:39pm

I added a status element and an unset choice to make the behavior more clear.

I also fixed the bug in how bools were made persistent, so that should work properly now.

Right now, persistent song mods like music rate are set every time you enter select music. Maybe I should change it to only set them when loading like player mods.

Last edited: 30 April 2015 12:44am

--
--
Persistent mod seems to work fine now from what I've tested.

I forgot to test and you didn't mention it, but did you change the centered 1 player option? Just wondering because it sounded like a trivial change from what you said.
Yeah, I fixed the problem with centered 1 player. I didn't mention it in my list because it was so trivial to fix.
--
--
All of the per-player decorations on ScreenGameplay now have configurable position and scale, except the life bar and the score meter.
Judgment now has an optional osu style error bar with configurable threshold and history size.
still_judge flag turns off motions in the judgment so it doesn't move or change size with every note.
Transition time is configurable now.
--
--
Being able to configure all the gameplay decorations is nice.

Anyway, after actually getting a significant amount of songs tagged I noticed something that's pretty annoying when browsing through tags.
Suppose there is a song with two tags 'a' and 'b' and I'm browsing the 'b' tag submenu. I select and play that song. When the game returns to the song selection screen I'm still over the same song but in the 'a' submenu instead of 'b'. Considering I usually want to play more than a single song of the tag I'm browsing, it's pretty inconvenient to be thrown back at another tag after each played song.

Some pics to help illustrate what I mean:
Spoiler (click to view)
I'm selecting Gate Openerz under the tag 'stamina'
Before playing the song

After I finish the song I'm inside 'Aim for AA'
After playing the song

It usually returns to the first tag of the song in lexicographic order.
I've known about that problem from the beginning because getting the player back to the same place is actually difficult to solve. Because of the timed sets system, songs that no longer fit within the time left are filtered out before sorting. All the buckets are dynamically generated, so since some songs are no longer there, the number of buckets and what songs are in each one is different. So it's not a simple matter of just following the same steps to get back to the song.
I'm currently working on a reskin because an artist asked to work with me, so it's going to be a while before that problem is fixed.

If you're not doing it already, use the L+R+Start combination to close folders. It should work with both normal left and right, and with MenuLeft and MenuRight.
--
--