Forums » StepMania Releases » Stepmania on SteamOS

1 2 3 4
User data is stored in "~/.stepmania-5.0/" on Linux. There are Themes, Songs, and Noteskins folders in there, and it is the new preferred place to put such things.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
It's all fixed now, alt enter did not solve the problem all forms of input got disabled :/ and I got steamos to recognize its .desktop file after consulting a thread on steamos's github.
In steamos it works as a full screened application while windowed so full screen is an unnecessary option for anyone else stumbling through this like i was and it remedied my other issue which was getting my ddr pad recognized in steam os because it has the double arrow problem and my pad didnt have enough buttons to fulfill requirements for steamos's controller configuration.
Dysk Google nie może przeskanować tego pliku w poszukiwaniu wirusów.
(Google Drive cannot scan this file for viruses)
libavcodec.so (52M) przekracza maksymalny rozmiar pliku, który możemy przeskanować. Czy wciąż chcesz pobrać ten plik?
(libavcodec.so (52M) exceeds max filesize that we can scan. Do you want to download it anyway?)

"Download anyway" button does nothing, can you reupload somewhere else?
I've updated that build now, so it matches beta 4 now.
I've uploaded it to my friend's home server, so this download is going to be really slow. stepmania_sos folder
Since it's my friend's server and I don't want him to suffer from too much traffic, I'm going to take that link down tomorrow. The main google drive folder will stay up, and is a better place to download from.
Note that this requires you to have the source code anyway, and each of the .so files needs to be placed in the correct folder for it to work.

Last edited: 4 October 2014 11:42am

< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
Sorry to dig up this thread, I've tried doing what I did before now on Jessie with the new Brewmaster build and have been running into problems. I'm not having any troubles compiling it besides it asking for Libmad.so.0 . This doesnt seem to be in the debian jessie repos. And again thanks for the help!

Edit: i've figured out that i should use RPM/Alien but I have no idea how to use them to get this on debian
edit2: im figuring this out a bit overlooked some dependencies
edit3: it was dependencies, im a moron.
edit4: It compiled fine, forgot brewmaster involved a clean install...

Last edited: 26 September 2015 4:59pm