Forums » Songs » (no longer important) Lua Bug (Taronuke's Karate Man in Sm5)

If there's anyone who knows how lua works in stepmania 5, can you help me with this?
I recently tried porting xml from itg to lua for stepmania 5. More specifically, taronuke's uksrt, I finished the 1st stage, Karate Man, and it works fine, except for one bug. If you mash the arrows during the intro, koizumi_idle.lua and koizumi_punch.lua get moved to the left/upperleft of the screen.

I THINK it might be the activation of the koizu folder in the middle of the StepP1MessageCommand/StepP2MessageCommand, in which case there could be a way to stop that command from activating until a certain time is reached, but I don't know how to do that.
Here's the download, If there's any issues with the download, please tell me, i havent used mediafire before.
Also, how do i stop the koizu sprites from appearing over the intro graphics? i tried DrawOrder, and it didn't do anything.
You're late. I ported Karate Man to SM5 over a month ago.
http://kyzentun.tejat.net/sm5_conversions/KarateMan.zip

If there are any other things you want ported, I'll port them for a reasonable offer of money.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
lol
The link you posted isn't loading though
I've noticed a lot of stepmania players host their downloads on weird sites, like how jousway's noteskins were at zettbou.co.uk, maybe they're personal websites
And i'm not really interested in commisions, I may make lua code for my own simfiles in the future, and i figured the best way to start is to port already existing code.

Last edited: 13 August 2014 2:51pm

I forgot that my friend's server is down right now. http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/v5.2/download.php?type=ddrsimfilecustom&simfileid=24689
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
Alright i checked the lua
WHAT IS GOING ON
What are all these variables
bg.lua has a function checking...stutter?
it's checking "poptions"?
why are the bg and target loaded as sprites
What rational thinking lead to this coding? I get there are a lot of classes a themer can load, but none of them seemed useful in song-specific lua...