Forums » Songs » How to install songs?

How do I get songs in Stepmania? People say to put them in some sort of songs folder, but I don't know how to access it.
How do I get songs in Stepmania? People say to put them in some sort of songs folder, but I don't know how to access it.
I'm having the same problem, I hope someone helps !!
Find the user data folder for your platform. Put song packs in the Songs folder in that user data folder. A song pack is a folder full of song folders. A song folder is a folder than contains a music file, a steps file, and optional graphics files.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
Find the user data folder for your platform. Put song packs in the Songs folder in that user data folder. A song pack is a folder full of song folders. A song folder is a folder than contains a music file, a steps file, and optional graphics files.
CAN YOU EXPLAIN IT IN MORE BASIC TERMS , I know there's a folder but it won't allow me to drag it over
Can you explain it step by step ?

Last edited: 11 January 2016 4:43pm

First of all: If you have downloaded Stepmania, you'll have a very big folder where all the data of the game is found. Inside this folder (presumably called "Stepmania 5") there are many sub-folders. You have to head straight up into the "songs" folder and click twice. What you will see are many sub-folders, each one representing a song. Each song folder has always a music file, images and text data files.

When you download new songs, all you have to do is to drag the song folders (not the .zip/.rar file, but each song separately) in the "songs/Stepmania 5" folder. Finally, just boot up the game again (your game should be turned off all this time), and you're ready! If this still doesn't work, pls send screenshots or anything.
BOING!
where do I got to download the songs
Windows (C:) - Games - Stempania - Songs
I download song packs so you have to make individual folders for that
Thats correct.
You will use www.stepmaniaonline.net
Warning Spoiler (click to view) : You will forget the folder.
Just joke! >:)