Forums » Songs » List for legal songs / songpacks

Hi,

I just downloaded Stepmania 5 and noticed that there are not too many songs included. I tried to search for Stepmania songs from the web, but it seems that most of the songs/song packs do not respect any copyrights of the original artists. Since this game has existed for ages and there are plenty of songs available, as there are players and fans, it would be nice if you could paste here links for 100 % legal songs and songpacks. It would be a great service for all Stepmania beginners.
The Stepmix packs I think all had songs that were legal to download. When I entered in the first one, I made my own, and my friend went to a smaller artist, asked for permission, and got the okay to use his song.
I believe that FoonMix is also legit.

You'd be better off just getting all the old PS1/PS2/Xbox/Wii/Gamecube/X360/PS3 etc games really cheap then downloading all the songs at ZIV. If you own the physical media then you should be able to legally play the digital contents in StepMania.
Most songs are shortened down to 1-2 minutes for StepMania, and one factor for whether or not usage of copyrighted work infringes on copyright is how much of the original work is used.

Last edited: 13 August 2014 1:29pm

I have the older version of stepmania (3.9), I've tried the new ones and don't care much for them. However, I recently had to take my pc back to factory setting and lost all my songs. So, I need to download new ones, but this is all sorts of different then it was when I initially installed it years ago. An I have no clue on what I am doing and where/what I can download to build my songs list again. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.