Forums » Songs » help

i found this old song and i would really like some help putting it in stepmania i tried the editor but i dont quite get how to make it perfect with the editor
so if someone would care to help(or do it themselves)i would just like to play it in game

Last edited: 7 May 2014 6:56pm

Use a BPM counter or MixMeister BPM analyzer to figure out the BPM. Change it in the editor and then add in a bunch of 1/4 notes, and then play the song by tapping to the beat. Keep on adjusting the Beat 0 offset until it matches up. (I think there's a way for it to automatically adjust Beat 0 offset, but I don't know how.)

On my YouTube channel, I am planning on making a tutorial.

Last edited: 11 May 2014 7:57am

Check me out on SMO!
Use a BPM counter or MixMeister BPM analyzer to figure out the BPM.

no

use them as estimates at most only, and waveform sync it if you want more reliable sync results

you don't have to use -0.012 as the GO if you don't have any plans to put this on an ITG machine; something like 0.000 is fine too

Work in Progress

no

use them as estimates at most only, and waveform sync it if you want more reliable sync results

you don't have to use -0.012 as the GO if you don't have any plans to put this on an ITG machine; something like 0.000 is fine too

Your GlobalOffset should match your actual machine, not any other (including ITG cabs). The latency is almost definitely different between your own machine and a cab.

My GO worked out to something like 40ms, which isn't terribly unusual. It's kind of difficult to measure accurately unless you've got a CRT for reference and a camera with a fast shutter, though.

no

Your GlobalOffset should match your actual machine, not any other (including ITG cabs). The latency is almost definitely different between your own machine and a cab.

My GO worked out to something like 40ms, which isn't terribly unusual. It's kind of difficult to measure accurately unless you've got a CRT for reference and a camera with a fast shutter, though.

You're talking about syncing by ear or playing. SM MaxX is talking about syncing by comparing the "Current Second" displayed in edit mode with the time point for the equivalent point on the wave form of the song.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit