Forums » Songs » Quick question about making simfiles?

There was a tutorial on the old site.I did it a long time ago, but how to you get everything up to making the steps? Like the .sm files or whatever. Thanks :P
If you wanna ONLY make the steps:

1: Insert the song(s) in your "Songs" folder
2: Open stepmania
3: Go to Edit/Share option in the menu
4: Search in your packs the songs what your added and enter in it
5: Now you are in the edit screen, you are going to see arrows in the top of the screen
The arrows will change depending of the mode of gameplay what you selected, the modes of gameplay are:
Single, double, couple, solo, 3panel and routine, they are in the screen when you searched your songs
Now, these are the controls to put the arrows:
Single: 1, 2, 3 and 4
Double: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 (four for one side and four for the other side)
Couple: Same controls for "Double"
Solo: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
Routine: Same controls as "Double" and "Couple"
You have to put the arrows according to the rhythm of the song

Hope this helps
I personally just keep a blank.sm file and copy that over to whatever song folder I want and fill in the title/artist/music/whatever else needs filling in right off the bat (stuff like samplestart/samplelength/offset/bpms/banner/background I can usually worry about after I get SM to recognize the .sm). Just open up notepad or whatever and copy the stuff below, go to Save As, have Save as type be selected to "All Files" and stick .sm at the end of the filename.

#TITLE:;

#SUBTITLE:;
#ARTIST:;
#TITLETRANSLIT:;
#SUBTITLETRANSLIT:;
#ARTISTTRANSLIT:;
#GENRE:;
#CREDIT:C. Grab;
#BANNER:;
#BACKGROUND:;
#LYRICSPATH:;
#CDTITLE:;
#MUSIC:;
#OFFSET:-0.000;
#SAMPLESTART:60.919;
#SAMPLELENGTH:15.000;
#SELECTABLE:YES;
#BPMS:0.000=120.000;
#STOPS:;
#BGCHANGES:;
#KEYSOUNDS:;

That guide was kinda old and outdated fwiw

Last edited: 18 April 2014 6:47pm

Work in Progress
Also another option is to download DDReamstudio and after syncing save the file as .sm.
Thanks guys :)
Why is this place so dead so now