Forums » Songs » Any kind of auto charter available?

I've never attempted to make my own steps before but as I'm not all that picky and have dreams of being able to chart out entire 40-50 minute albums to play to in place of my usual running routine the less work involved the better and am just wondering if any programs have been designed to create automatic charts just based off the bpm. The only non-DDR/ITG mixes I have real experience with is the DWI stuff which is right in my wheelhouse in terms of enjoyability that I can also play to for an hour straight where just about everything is consistently 7-8 feet.

Last edited: 6 February 2015 12:05pm

No. There aren't any programs to randomly create charts. However, there is autogen, but you'll need a chart from a different game mode (i.e. if you want autogenned dance charts the song has to have a pump chart.)

Why not get one of the packs that already exist, like the ITG ones or Foonmix? The ITG ones are pretty great from my experience.
(also this is kind of the wrong section to ask this in)

Last edited: 8 February 2015 3:57pm

<YungDaVinci> but what does it mean
<YungDaVinci> what is kyzentun
<Kyzentun> It means Kyzentun.
<Jousway> what the fuck is a Kyzentun
I've experimented with writing programs to autogenerate charts a couple times in the past, but the results have turned out kinda boring and unfun because they had no relation to the music (besides being synced).
I'm not sure I want to dig up an old one or try to write a new one, I didn't have other people in mind when I created the one I used for the 4 hour 140 bpm stream file several years ago.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit