Forums » Song Packs » Video Game Step Pack (Pokémon Minipack released)

Hey, this isn't a request for the pack(mainly cuz I've already done one for this and it's of a game in a previous pack) but if you ever have the free time, do you think you'd be up to attempting another of FFXIV's soundtrack? If need be I can assist by providing the mp3 in question... well most of em. I don't have anything from patch 3.2
"Thy life is a riddle, to bear rapture and sorrow. To listen, to suffer, to entrust unto tomorrow. In one fleeting moment, for the land doth life flow. Yet in one fleeting moment, for anew it doth grow. In the same fleeting moment, thou must live, die, and know."
I like your packs. As a request, may you add my simfile for SeventH-HeaveN, a song from JRPG called 7th Dragon once I finish the novice, easy, and medium difficulties? (I'll be done in 4-5 days).

No problem! Just let me know when you're done.

Thanks! :) It's here.
Hey, this isn't a request for the pack(mainly cuz I've already done one for this and it's of a game in a previous pack) but if you ever have the free time, do you think you'd be up to attempting another of FFXIV's soundtrack? If need be I can assist by providing the mp3 in question... well most of em. I don't have anything from patch 3.2

I don't know for sure. If I do a next pack, I think it will have a certain theme/topic, and therefore not every videogame will be accepted. Still not sure though. However, I'll be glad to do another FF XIV song, although it will most likely be a standalone song.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

No problem! Just let me know when you're done.

Thanks! :) It's here.

Thank you! I've seen your steps. Would you mind if I made some little tweaks to them to be more adequate to the rhythm?

EDIT/UPDATE: Requests are closed. Thank you so much for the support! Pack 3 is now in the works (I have a LOT of work to do), but I can't say a release date yet.

Last edited: 1 April 2016 3:10pm

BOING!
Thank you! I've seen your steps. Would you mind if I made some little tweaks to them to be more adequate to the rhythm?

Go ahead. I'd appreciate the revisions. Once you've done so, make sure to add your name alongside mine in the credits in the ssc and sm files.

I don't know for sure. If I do a next pack, I think it will have a certain theme/topic, and therefore not every videogame will be accepted. Still not sure though. However, I'll be glad to do another FF XIV song, although it will most likely be a standalone song.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

To be honest, I kinda expected it would be a standalone. I wouldn't expect nor request you to do a FFXIV pack considering the fact that there's so many songs in the game to choose from even taking into account genre. At last count there were at least 240 songs... actually more than that but that was the closest number I could think of.
"Thy life is a riddle, to bear rapture and sorrow. To listen, to suffer, to entrust unto tomorrow. In one fleeting moment, for the land doth life flow. Yet in one fleeting moment, for anew it doth grow. In the same fleeting moment, thou must live, die, and know."
So, small update. Don't worry, pack 3 is coming. I'll be updating how much progress has been made through this post.

Also, today I will upload Pack 1 (v1.2) and Pack 2 (v1.1) featuring better sync between steps and music, some little changes and new intro images (shoutout to JeaneMaggie for the brand new "Starmen_91" logo!)

Now, pack 3:

The pack is finished!

PACK 3 (NEW) Here you go!

Last edited: 16 April 2016 4:17am

BOING!
WOAH WOAH WOAH... "...If I do a next pack, I think it will have a certain theme/topic..."

Okay there mister Starbub ninety one, I know what that topic's going to be. I know a video game that:

1. Has an UNBELIEVABLE soundtrack with a huge amount of depth in song types
2. Has alot of unexplored songs stepmania-wise
3. Is likely going to get a big new character update in the coming months, meaning it's relevancy will be high

Oh yeah baby, I'm talking about SHOVEL KNIGHT!!

I think the songs in the game would be extremely well suited for stepcharts because of their 8-bit sort of nature and high levels of catchiness. Specter Knight and King Knight are in development, and a Shovel Knight stepmania pack releasing with the character updates would likely be very well received. Also, I looked everywhere for shovel knight stepcharts and couldn't find many that were high-quality in-depth charts. Me and my pals are huge fans of your packs and we play them almost every day since they're so well made using such a fantastic selection of music. I don't care about how long it would take to make, but we'd absolutely LOVE to get a meaty shovel knight pack from you, since we know you'd definitely do it justice. No kidding- think about it!

Keep up the great work!

Last edited: 8 April 2016 4:53pm

Step on a crack and you'll break your momma's back.
Step on a line and you'll break your daddy's spine.
Step on an arrow and you'll become a DDR addict.
Just to demonstrate the Shovel Knight OST's potential for stepmania, I made my own chart for "Flowers of Antimony" (Plague Knight's Explodatorium). You can try it right here . (I don't usually bother with formatting or pictures when I make charts, but anyone feel free to play, share, change, update, or improve on this!) It's probably not up to your standards StarKid ninety+one, but you can use it in a pack if you want to. <3 u bubby

Last edited: 11 April 2016 9:46am

Step on a crack and you'll break your momma's back.
Step on a line and you'll break your daddy's spine.
Step on an arrow and you'll become a DDR addict.