Forums » Song Packs » how do I do this

how do I download a song for stepmania!!! :(
you can start by giving more explanation than that on what's confusing you

Work in Progress
Usually you can download songs by going onto several websites like zenius i vanisher. However, I believe that you are talking about how you can put Stepmania files into the game so you can actually play them.

(Windows instructions only with Stepmania 3.9. Could possibly work for other versions.) If you want to put a Stepmania file onto Stepmania, you can do C:/Program Files(86x)/Stepmania/Songs . This should bring you to the Songs folder. You'll need to create a new Folder inside the Songs folder and put the SM file into the new folder that you created. OR you could either type "Stepmania" and it should pop up with "Open Stepmania Program Folder". Once there, you want to click on the Songs folder and do the same process that you would do if you were doing the other option.

Idk who still has Stepmania 3.9., but I hope this helps.

Usually you can download songs by going onto several websites like zenius i vanisher. However, I believe that you are talking about how you can put Stepmania files into the game so you can actually play them.

(Windows instructions only with Stepmania 3.9. Could possibly work for other versions.) If you want to put a Stepmania file onto Stepmania, you can do C:/Program Files(86x)/Stepmania/Songs . This should bring you to the Songs folder. You'll need to create a new Folder inside the Songs folder and put the SM file into the new folder that you created. OR you could either type "Stepmania" and it should pop up with "Open Stepmania Program Folder". Once there, you want to click on the Songs folder and do the same process that you would do if you were doing the other option.

Idk who still has Stepmania 3.9., but I hope this helps.

I hope nobody has Stepmania 3.9, because I don't believe there's a good reason to use it.

Don't ever install Stepmania in Program Files. UAC on newer versions of Windows breaks all sorts of stuff if you install it in Program Files. C:/Games is a better place.

Docs/Userdocs/sm5_beginner.txt explains how to install content for Stepmania 5. This file should be inside the Stepmania folder created when you installed Stepmania.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit