Forums » News » StepMania 5 beta 4a this weekend

I am also having the issue where the screen is totally black, but all inputs seem to respond.
I am also having the issue where the screen is totally black, but all inputs seem to respond.
Yes, that is to be expected if you attempt to run SM5 beta 4a on OS X in fullscreen mode. As I noted on the previous page, fullscreen support on OS X will be broken for the foreseeable future.

Last edited: 22 October 2014 5:09am

@dbk2, I was able to build in Yosemite with the 10.6 SDK, and this fixed the black fullscreen issue.
l
nbdk
dvbaj
jhvg
@dbk2, I was able to build in Yosemite with the 10.6 SDK, and this fixed the black fullscreen issue.
Oh, that's interesting. I also tried that but was unable to build. I am assuming you followed a procedure similar to this? https://github.com/stepmania/stepmania/issues/224#issuecomment-48857894
Yep, that's exactly what I did.
Hmm. Using Xcode 6.1 on OS X 10.10.0, I am unable to build when I switch the Base SDK to 10.6. There are two compile errors in MemoryCardDriverThreaded_MacOSX.cpp

~/Games/SM5/src/arch/MemoryCard/MemoryCardDriverThreaded_MacOSX.cpp:63:52: Use of undeclared identifier 'SYNC_VOLUME_FULLSYNC'

~/Games/SM5/src/arch/MemoryCard/MemoryCardDriverThreaded_MacOSX.cpp:63:75: Use of undeclared identifier 'SYNC_VOLUME_WAIT'
Sorry, my checkout was out of date, and from before the merge of the 10.9 pull request.

This merge includes a call to sync_volume_np (in MemoryCardDriverThreaded_MacOSX::Unmount) which was not added until 10.8, so we basically killed pre-10.8 compatibility with this change.

int     sync_volume_np(const char *, int) __OSX_AVAILABLE_STARTING(__MAC_10_8, __IPHONE_NA);

Restoring the old version of Unmount allows the current master branch to build with the 10.6 SDK.

Last edited: 30 October 2014 12:38am