Forums » News » Master branch moving to 5.1

In a couple weeks, the 5_1_0 branch on the stepmania repository will be merged into the master branch.
Anybody that maintains a forked project based off of stepmania's master branch should switch to using the 5_0 branch instead of master.
No more releases are planned in the 5.0.x line, and there probably won't be any further commits made to the 5_0 branch.
The 5_0 branch exists only to allow backporting of fixes if someone other than the main stepmania team wishes to do so.

Last edited: 20 April 2016 6:47pm

< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
Guys, brace yourself, it's time to switch on your target to 5.1 right now (if you wish to)!

But for you who had already Worked the progress for old 5.0, DO NOT, EVER, CANCEL THAT PROJECT!!! EVEN Delete those from whatever place the will download it. Because we need it for last funeral of SM5.0.
Warning for the developer who targeted the release for current SM5.0:
Spoiler (click to view)if you do that, you are as the same idiot as this guy:
I cancel this project on July because the 3.9 is outdated. I still holds the noteskin but I don't want to put the raw image for people to convert it to SM5 compatible. I'm now intrested in converting my favourite simfile for ITG arcades for fun. For the pack, I will keep them for a momment. sorry guys.
Sorry for the real rant, all of you guys here. But this is my last warning before you even considered to raise the white flag because the systems change.
In conclusion, keep your work progress on even the Stepmania 5.0 is outdated. Someone, will born to help Kyzentun make better conversion robot.

Startup stuff since SM5.1:
Spoiler (click to view)[Sorry for promotion] check out my vacuum ship as I started the 5.1 newskin

If you wish the people can play your stuff in SM5.1, please also port yours and theirs (with permission granted) stuffs to that SM5.1 compatible ;)

Hey, can you draw that brace yourself memes here? anyone?

Last edited: 30 April 2016 10:33am

The Founder of Perkedel Corporation
I saw Wolfman Two Thousand have made the pull request!
Bring the 5_1_0 codebase to master
It's been a huge amount of commits, drastic updates everywhere. He also aware that it would be harsh for some people to adapt to a new system.

A code to put in terminal when the request has been officially merged with full signs of staffs.
git pull origin master; echo 'whoah what's going on?! there're so many updates we left out!

then compile it. Voila!

Last edited: 8 May 2016 6:39am

The Founder of Perkedel Corporation
Finally did it. Remember to run
git submodule init
and
git submodule update
in the stepmania clone folder before building after updating, if you're running stepmania from a git clone.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit