Forums » News » StepMania 5.0.8 released

never use Vsync. NEVER, at least, not in this game.
This is bad advice, straight up. VSync isn't a problem. If you notice timing offset just adjust your visual offset or GO.

The game's actual input timings are not tied to the rendering.

hold on a minute... are you saying that any offset/timing related issue is because of visual offset?
Why am I not running fast?
I have fast feet.
Is it because i broke them?
I have all these bandages.
Also, you should add the SM 5.0.8 download link on the download page/tab.
I have fast feet.
This is bad advice, straight up. VSync isn't a problem. If you notice timing offset just adjust your visual offset or GO.

hold on a minute... are you saying that any offset/timing related issue is because of visual offset?

Yes, just set the game to -1f (-0.016 if you use a 60hz monitor) to compensate for a frame delay if things feel funky (visual delay is the "right" setting to use, but some might prefer GO for this)

Yeah, I should, but I might leave it until 5.0.9 because of some of the visual bugs in 5.0.8 (hold tails are weird, note animations are busted)

Yes, just set the game to -1f (-0.016 if you use a 60hz monitor) to compensate for a frame delay if things feel funky (visual delay is the "right" setting to use, but some might prefer GO for this)

Yeah, I should, but I might leave it until 5.0.9 because of some of the visual bugs in 5.0.8 (hold tails are weird, note animations are busted)

now that i think about it. the times when i had offset/timing issues was when i was using directx graphic thingy. But when i installed windows xp, i noticed that it was somehow using OpenGL and i dont have an timing issues. Now that we know this, do you think we could make it so that StepMania 5 will finally have good default offset?
I have fast feet.