Forums » News » StepMania 5 beta 3 released

Dbk2, it didn't work, I'm not experiencing any of the cool stuff ITG players get. Either that, or...
anything with XML-based FG/BGChanges will cached anew and BG/FGChanges will be added to the new cache files appropriately.
...The XML doesn't understand activating mods.
I deleted the caches and yet it didn't do anything. I even deleted all the files for stepmania, backing up the folder from application support, and then reloaded the game, turning on quirks mode after, and deleting the cache. However, the contents from application support still existed somewhere that stepmania could find, so it still had all the songs.
Now I have two problems.
1. Activating XML on charts
2. Deleting all folders for Stepmania
And if anyone else can help, remember, this is for OS X Mavericks.
Please help me!
I have 2 DDR mats and i have never had any problems when connecting them to my computer, but when i tried to update my Stepmania beta 5a to beta 2 or 3 the game doesn`t recognize anymore my mats (although my computer does), i tried that on WIN 7 and also on WIN 8 and there was the same problem, please tell me what to do do.
Note: my mats worked on all Stepmania versions prior to Stepmania 5 beta 2.
Please help me!
I have 2 DDR mats and i have never had any problems when connecting them to my computer, but when i tried to update my Stepmania beta 5a to beta 2 or 3 the game doesn`t recognize anymore my mats (although my computer does), i tried that on WIN 7 and also on WIN 8 and there was the same problem, please tell me what to do do.
Note: my mats worked on all Stepmania versions prior to Stepmania 5 beta 2.

The pad code was upgraded to a more recent version of DirectX in beta 2... do you know what kind of pads they are, exactly? Some pads still aren't recognized but I don't have any which don't work, so it's hard to fix.
No, how i can check what their model number? i tried to look for it everywhere, even in the device management on my computer but it just appearing as "USB Input Device" and "HID-compliant game controller" i also tried to update the drivers, but it said that they are already the latest and i also updated my graphics driver but nothing helped.
Thanks for your help.
Any update on the Linux build yet?
<YungDaVinci> but what does it mean
<YungDaVinci> what is kyzentun
<Kyzentun> It means Kyzentun.
<Jousway> what the fuck is a Kyzentun
I've hit two main problems thus far:

- Every time I finish a track, I get a grade D
- Sometimes songs default to auto-play and even switching it off in the song menu doesn't actually turn it off.

I'm sure I had an account on this forum, I just had to sign up again with the same email address I used last time and it worked. Don't shout at me plz.

Last edited: 21 May 2014 7:08am

I've hit two main problems thus far:

- Every time I finish a track, I get a grade D

If autoplay was enabled at any point in the song I think this happens automatically.

- Sometimes songs default to auto-play and even switching it off in the song menu doesn't actually turn it off.
Are you pressing F8 for any reason? F8 toggles autoplay.

I'm sure I had an account on this forum, I just had to sign up again with the same email address I used last time and it worked. Don't shout at me plz.
Any account issues are strictly my fault. Did you have an account on the *old* forum? The accounts weren't carried over because I didn't have time to convert vB's accounts to SilverStripe ones... sorry about that.
shakesoda please send me your email address or some other way that I`ll be able to contact you to my email address: yoavs1990@gmail.com.
I want some help with my pads.

Thanks a lot!