Forums » News » Translation request

Also, anyone who sends in a translation should include their name exactly as they wish it to appear in the credits. (AegisTrad/TheFireRed is the only person this matters to right now)
I just sent you an email with my name for the credits. :)
Aegis Traducciones: Fan-translating videogames since I can remember.
I saw this announcement only just now, but I suppose there's still time for updated language files to be submitted right?
Will attempt to help with filling the missing spots in the Dutch translation.
One thing that kind of bugs me though; there's quite some names and terms in the current dutch language file that have been transliterated which in my opinion is unnecessary and often simply sounds weird.

Things such as "Guitar_Five=5 Frets" -> "Guitar_Five=5 Drempels":
'frets' as in guitar frets are referred to as 'frets' in Dutch as well, 'Drempels' does not in any way refer to a guitar's frets in Dutch, it mean something completely different and unrelated.
And "OK=OK" -> "OK=OKÉ":
Using 'OK' would be just fine as that is commonly used in Dutch as well (when it comes to software). Using 'OKÉ' sounds like it was translated for the sake of forcing a dutch translation.
These are just a small fraction of examples of the 'questionable' translations I found in the .ini.

Would it be encouraged for me to go through the nl.ini and polish some of the existing translations, on top of adding the missing lines? Or is it preferred to have the missing translations added only?

Last edited: 12 February 2015 11:46am

Do whatever you have time for and provide some explanation like what you gave so that we know you know what you're doing.
So, yes, improving existing translated strings would be helpful.

Last edited: 10 February 2015 5:33pm

< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
Alright, will do! Also, it seems e-mail notifications aren't working. Subscribed myself to this thread but never got a notification, checked my spambox as well.
Will open an issue on the GitHub repo.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxvZ6X8kCS_hX2hjRFVOeGtSVjQ/view?usp=sharing

You can find the fr.ini for FrenchTranslation, some words are difficult to translate in french, so I let the english word.
But it seems I don't have all of the word of StepMania in this en.ini file ? If you need, I can translate other ini file in french. (I take only en.ini file of the default_languages.zip, have I take en.ini file of the _fallbakc_language.zip ?)

Grégory Doche (France)

Last edited: 12 February 2015 5:53am

Yes, the en.ini in _fallback_languages.zip also needs to be translated.

The files in _fallback_languages.zip are used by all themes to find the text to display. Because _fallback provides all the common text, normal themes don't need to include huge language files.
The files in default_languages.zip are used only by the default theme and contain only the text that only the default theme uses.
--
--
Consider tonight the deadline (midnight, UTC -7, 12 hours after this edit). Sometime tomorrow afternoon the devs are going to put together the builds for the different platforms so they'll be ready for the release on Saturday. Any translation that isn't in by then will have to wait for the next release.

Last edited: 12 February 2015 11:49am

--
--
I'm willing to do Russian language to help Stepmania spread here, but I'm not sure what has to be done in order to do that. I imagine a lot of text work and fonts; what else?
Can someone please outline that for me? I'd be really grateful and will try to direct the project.