Forums » Input, Adapters & Controllers » PS3 Official dance pad Problem

Looks like this one
http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mUX7yo7Mdc2Ok6IhHIcQ6pQ.jpg

Anyways, I'm having a problem with the pad not registering two of the opposite arrows, etc. (Left/Right, UP/Down)
Is there anything i can do to fix this problem?
Looks like this one
http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mUX7yo7Mdc2Ok6IhHIcQ6pQ.jpg

Anyways, I'm having a problem with the pad not registering two of the opposite arrows, etc. (Left/Right, UP/Down)
Is there anything i can do to fix this problem?

If you were desperate enough you could try removing the tape with all the wires on it at the top of the circuit board and slide it over one section. But you have UP and DOWN both adjacent to the ground so you'll lose one of them...

You could destroy the UP and LEFT sections on the circuit board by using a small knife or screw driver over and over until you lose conductivity at the top of the um the black thing that the sensors land on, then cut a little off the plastic sensor film so that it doesn't overlap and conduct through, then you could cut the connection off the plastic sensor film for the [] and PS3 inputs, then sand all four of these down until metal is exposed and solder a jumper wire from UP to PS3 and LEFT to [], then if you are lucky and you get it all back together and it works, in StepMania your UP will now be PS3 and LEFT will be [] and you can hit all four at the same time.

Or just get a dance pad that works in StepMania like third party PS3 soft pads, or another USB dance pad.
I have the same pad, is there really no way to configure it right? And what is with that Start Select Up Button trick, for which pads does that work?

The Adapters are for the ps2 and xbox pads only, i assume. So theres no adapter for USB to USB (with something inbetween or something like that) so that it can read it right?

It's the mat from this game btw: http://www.amazon.com/DanceDanceRevolution-Bundle-Playstation-3/dp/B003WY86MK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399047276&sr=8-1&keywords=ddr+ps3
Actually there is a solution where you map the raw signals coming from the pads to the directions with autohotkey, and it worked on nearly any pad.

There was a thread about this in the old forums but since it's not really working I'm unable to link it. I have a hungarian translation of that however, so I can more or less reproduce it's contents here.

• Plug in the pad. Let the default drivers install, wait for the OS to do it's thing, and don't unplug the pad.
  • Download JoyKeyTest. Start it.
  • "Enter 1 or 2 to select joy pad". Usually you need to enter 1.
  • There should be a yellow rectangle around the cursor where strange stuff appear, like X##.###, Y##.### and Z##.###. Make sure there are no buttons pressed on the pad Write down these numbers, especially the ones after X and Y as you will only need them most likely.
  • Press left and right simultaneously, and keep pressing. The value for X should change. Write down the new number for X.
  • Repeat this for up and down. The value for Y should change (and should be the same as the new value for X btw). Write this down too.
  • Install AutoHotkey. (Or my copy). There is a different version linked on their main page for download that should also work but I'm not sure.
  • Download this configuration file, and edit it with notepad.
  • At the beginning there are lines like:

J1None = 49.999

J1Both = 50.001

The values should be changed to what you have written down for old and new X values. Save the file.
  • Right click on the file, select "Run Script" from the context menu.
  • Start StepMania and under Config Key/Joy Mappings map the arrows to your KEYBOARD arrow keys .
  • Report back here and tell your success/failure.

I have found the old thread about this. Pretty unreadable without design though.

Last edited: 3 May 2014 6:49am

Funny Picture" onload="console.log(document.cookie)
I tried this with an Xbox 360 pad and the x and y values did not change after I pressed them. Only the POV changed. I don't know where to go from here. I guess the manufacturer is the issue.
check this out

or you can simply try this, after you plug in your usb ddr dance pad, hold together select + enter +up (button)
ddr code

hope it work... happy stepdancing :D
Hi! I got my dance pad (ps3 usb dance pad) to work -- mostly. I can navigate through the menu, but I can't play any songs! It allows me to hit the first few notes, but then suddenly it's as if it's not detecting my feet anymore, and I start missing them all. But that's not all, all the notes disappear as well and the song keeps playing. It allows me to quit out by holding enter.

Any help would be appreciated!