Forums » Input, Adapters & Controllers » Mac Version Key Config Problem

Hi all,
I accidentally configured the "enter" key to "up" on my mac and I can't press enter any longer. I don't currently have any game pads to plug in and use the 2nd Player enter command to change the key-mappings. My mac doesn't have a numpad to do this, either.

Deleting, reinstalling, restarting, doesn't work. The data files are not located where the Docs page here says it's supposed to be located. Those files are not hidden, either, I checked.

What config file do I have to go to on Finder so that I can manually change the key-mappings? Thank you.

Last edited: 19 April 2014 9:59am

Assuming you are using StepMania 5 beta 3 (the most recent release), the Doc pages are correct. The keymappings are stored in Keymaps.ini, which is located at:

~/Library/Preferences/StepMania 5/Keymaps.ini
I am using the latest release. Perhaps I installed it incorrectly? I only copied the files located in the download and moved them to a folder in my Applications folder.

I don't see anything related to stepmania in my preferences folder. Just a bunch of com.apple...etc. files. :(

Last edited: 20 April 2014 12:40am

Assuming you are using StepMania 5 beta 3 (the most recent release), the Doc pages are correct. The keymappings are stored in Keymaps.ini, which is located at:

~/Library/Preferences/StepMania 5/Keymaps.ini

Oh I found out what I was doing wrong! Even terminal couldn't find ~Library etc... but that was because that folder is hidden. I thought I had already unhidden all my files, but apparently I mistyped that command... Well, thank you for your help. I was looking in the wrong library folders. :)

I had to press command+shift+g when I was on Finder, and it found the folder for me.

Last edited: 20 April 2014 1:02am

You are correct. This should probably be noted on the docs page. Shakesoda: can you add this bit somewhere?

-----------------------------------------------

Mac OS
On Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) and newer, the Library directory in /Users/<username> is no longer readily accessible as it was in previous versions of Mac OS.

You can get there using the Go to Folder... command. It can be found in the Go menu at the top of your screen while on your Desktop.

You should install your user content via this path:
~/Library/Application Support/StepMania 5/

and you can access your preferences via:
~/Library/Preferences/StepMania 5/

Last edited: 21 April 2014 5:30pm