Forums » General Questions » [Coding question] Who wrote this part of the code?, Hold Mine in Stepmania?!

"First, this was written by Chris Danford (Original Mr. Stepmania) and Glenn Maynard (friend of Mr. Stepmania). but who wrote line 226? is that himself or someone else in the organization?"

I'm afraid to asking this question because it may be very confidential case, otherwise, whoever may precisely aware with the source code seen.
But I am here to tell you this. Let's see the NoteType.h sub-code library:
NoteType.h
And go to the line 226. Focus your attention there.

As you can see from that code. The code isn't activated, it's commented. It says an extern about original tap note type Mine head, which is a minefield head a.k.a hold mine in iDance.
And also, the code is set as tentative, waiting to see the iDance gets ripped sometime later.

Well, in conclusion, they are aware of what is called Hold mine along with the usual hold and rolls.

Actually we can simply make a mine field by putting a stack of mines up to the desired timing measures. But look what have Positive Gaming done? A minefield a.k.a. hold mine?! To ease the mine fielding??!! Wow, great idea Positive Gaming, you've made us to wish to add it later.

The mine head will be assigned 'N' in the scc file. what if myself uncomment it, compile it, run the game, edit some of my maps, add a usual holds to the time, save and exit, open that chart directory, open that .scc file, find the hold script that I've just added earlier, replace the '2' with 'N', save and close, open that map again? Will it shows error even crash? or something?

Last edited: 5 April 2016 1:02am

The Founder of Perkedel Corporation
BUMP!!!

Who the heck published unrelated stuffs here?!
There's all kind of comments of that nature in the source from the sm-ssc days.
There's all kind of comments of that nature in the source from the sm-ssc days.
oh really?

so it was long time ago! even before freem posted it on GitHub!

Last edited: 6 April 2016 8:06am