Forums » General Questions » DDR Timing window

I want these arrows from sm 3.95 with all of their giant, enormous size and glory on SM 5, so I dont have to squint to see these

uploading images

tiny, crowded in together arrows for ants (probably why people prefer to play 3.95 still imo)

like...I can't explain why, but the hit box for the arrows on sm 5 seems too big and the arrows are too small and grouped together...its just a very funky/unpleasant time playing sm5 with the new arrows/timing. am I making any sense at all here?

*edit* ignore the player 1 name i just downloaded sm 3.95 again from smo cuz i went to sm5 and got rid of 3.95 thinking sm5 would be better >.>

Last edited: 6 September 2014 2:27pm

Well, that has nothing to do with the timing windows. The timing windows are how accurate you have to be to score well on an arrow. You're talking about the visible size of the arrows.
At a rough estimate, you want -50% Mini. Try setting the "Big" modifier on the Effects row of the options menu, which is -35% Mini.
If that doesn't make them big enough, try out Consensual, which is a theme built around setting every modifier to any arbitrary value, among other things.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
hey Kyzentun somethings wrong with your theme

i went to your website thing and downloaded your Consensual them for StepMania 5 and put it in the themes folders in the main sm directory and when i loaded it after pressing ESC i got a blue screen/green blueish screen actually...i relaunched sm 5 and this happened

Lua runtime error: /Themes/consensual-master/Scripts/01 style_config.lua:2: attempt to call method 'GetStylesForGame' (a nil value)

/Themes/consensual-master/Scripts/01 style_config.lua:2: main(game_name = dance,(*temporary) = (null),(*temporary) = (null),(*temporary) = dance,(*temporary) = attempt to call method 'GetStylesForGame' (a nil value))
You have to use the very latest nightly build with Consensual. http://smnightly.katzepower.com/
And the thread for it is over here: http://www.stepmania.com/forums/themes/show/387

Last edited: 10 September 2014 7:46pm

< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit