Forums » General Questions » Stepchart out of sync?

I was creating a song the other day, and I had the notes in sync with the song. A simple 4/4 pattern would follow the beat.
I was working on the chart for about twenty or so minutes and went to save it. Then I went to test it in the course mode on Stepmania, and my steps had been drastically moved. Quarter notes had turned into 12th notes, and the stepchart became completely out of sync with the song. Has anyone experienced an issue like this before? Or did I screw something up in the editor that might have thrown the stepchart out of sync?

I'm using an ITG2 version of Stepmania I found years ago (Shoot... I think it's the one from 4.0? I can't remember exactly, and I'm not near my computer to grab a pic of the stepchart or to grab info on the Stepmania version at the moment).
The devs do not support any stepmania version older than SM5 Beta 3.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
I was creating a song the other day, and I had the notes in sync with the song. A simple 4/4 pattern would follow the beat.
I was working on the chart for about twenty or so minutes and went to save it. Then I went to test it in the course mode on Stepmania, and my steps had been drastically moved. Quarter notes had turned into 12th notes, and the stepchart became completely out of sync with the song. Has anyone experienced an issue like this before? Or did I screw something up in the editor that might have thrown the stepchart out of sync?

I'm using an ITG2 version of Stepmania I found years ago (Shoot... I think it's the one from 4.0? I can't remember exactly, and I'm not near my computer to grab a pic of the stepchart or to grab info on the Stepmania version at the moment).

I use SM4.0 with the ITG theme as well. My recommendation is to use it for everything other than the editor. DO NOT USE StepMania 4 EDITOR.
The devs do not support any stepmania version older than SM5 Beta 3.

I use SM4.0 with the ITG theme as well. My recommendation is to use it for everything other than the editor. DO NOT USE StepMania 4 EDITOR.

Well, now that I know that, time to d/l the latest SM5 and get somewhere. :P
Thanks for the heads up.

Oh! A side note. The executable was apparently last modified on 1/8/2007, so... I don't think it is SM4. But it has to be because SM4 was the first Stepmania to support rolls I believe... Or maybe I am mistaken... It's In The Groove 2 r9 as well... This is what I get for using programs that I haven't downloaded in over six years. :P
I actually recommend downloading the latest nightly build from http://smnightly.katzepower.com/
It has a fair number of important additions, and some themes require it.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit