Forums » General Questions » Theming...

Id like to know how to and what it takes to make a theme, how to set it up right and lot of detail. id at least want to try to make one a theme
ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ flex your dongers ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
Id like to know how to and what it takes to make a theme, how to set it up right and lot of detail. id at least want to try to make one a theme

Themes are comprised of tons of different parts: background animations, graphics, fonts, language files, sounds, scripts and metrics (and probably some more that I forget). As such "how to make a theme" is an extremely broad topic. I would suggest you start by poking around the default theme or a theme of your choosing, and looking at how the different things are done.

It might be helpful to check out the Docs/Themerdocs folder in the Stepmania 5 folder and read the info there - I believe it has a few simple examples that you can read through to get more of an understanding of the fundamentals of how themes work.

(I WOULD suggest you check out the SMTheming wiki, but it appears to be broken right now for some reason.)

Last edited: 6 January 2016 4:42am

You might start here: http://www.stepmania.com/forums/themes/show/3227#post6888