Forums » General Questions » The music file was not found!

hi, m using windows 10 and StepMania5.0.9 and some song are not loading, they do show up but no music is played and as soon as i try to play it t crashes with the message Crash reason: The music file was not found! Was it deleted or moved while the game was on? it;s happening in some songs.
Did you delete or move the music file after the first time stepmania loaded those songs? Stepmania caches some data on songs so that it can start up quickly. It just assumes the player won't go changing stuff outside of edit mode. You can recache a song by hitting Ctrl+Shift+R on the song on the music wheel.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
i did!, it was the cache, i deleted the old cache and it's working again, Thanks
Just to be clear, if stepmania had to look in every song folder to detect stuff like that at startup, it would take 10 times as long to start up. Thus, it caches everything it needs to know about a song at startup, and just loads the cache, adding new songs when it sees them.
--
--
Hello!!!
I am a new user of stepmania. I'm facing a problem and its that when i play the music it's not playing and the music file is not been found. It shut's down. And it stores lots of caches
The Cache folder is in %APPDATA%/StepMania 5.0/ and it's safe to delete it to force Stepmania to rebuild the cache next time stepmania starts up.
--
--