Forums » General Questions » Stepmania 3.9 Theme Error - BG animations

So i know that Stepmania 5 is the new thing and ive been using it for a long time, but i wanted to go back to 3.9 as i seem to do better on it because thats just what im used to since i played on it for YEARS.

But after i went on and tried some of my old themes, i keep getting this error message at select, song start + end.

It has something to do with the select music, i found where it was directing me too but i found no problems. Can anyone help?

It doesnt crash, i can easily get around it by hitting Ignore, but its annoying that it keeps popping up and it didn't used to do this :V

Error

Path + File.
Look for other files in default/BGAnimations with a name that starts with "ScreenSelectMusic out". Stepmania treis to allow flexibility by allowing the theme to say "ScreenSelectMusic out", then stepmania finds whatever file begins with that name and uses it, whether its a png or an xml or whatever. So when there's more than one thing that starts with the name, stepmania doesn't know which one is supposed to be used, and reports it as an error.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
Look for other files in default/BGAnimations with a name that starts with "ScreenSelectMusic out". Stepmania treis to allow flexibility by allowing the theme to say "ScreenSelectMusic out", then stepmania finds whatever file begins with that name and uses it, whether its a png or an xml or whatever. So when there's more than one thing that starts with the name, stepmania doesn't know which one is supposed to be used, and reports it as an error.

There were no other folders with that name but there was a file at the bottom with that name and the extension was .redir. But deleting that didnt fix it and made it crash.

But as far as i can see, there are no other folders or files with that name exactly in default.