Forums » General Questions » start up page and dance pad does not work

Hi, anyone can help me with this?

I want to go to the start up page of stepmania 5.0 (WHERE I can make configuration ), but everytime I start the game it straight away ask me to press enter key to start the game.

What key should I press to go to the start up page?

and moreover, I have a dance pad for PS 2 (yeah, I know it is old )...and I have a PS 2 to USB converter. So, I can connect the dance pad to the converter and then to the PC.
my PC can recognise the hardware installed. but it does not register the steps. I think I have to do some configuration or mapping on the step up screen of stepmania 5.0
\
Can anyone help?
Thanks

Jean
Hold F3 and tap 1 until CoinMode is set to Home. Then you should be able to get to the options.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
The problem is not solved.
My problem is I cannot see the Service menu each time I start up the game. I cannot see ‘ Getting started‘ , ‘ Edit‘, ‘ Option‘ showing on the screen. Each time I start up StepMania 5.0.10 it goes to Event Mode, and Free Play and asked me to press enter to play.
I read the manual and it says press Scroll Lock key to brings up the service menu but my laptop key board does not have a Scroll Lck key. It is really annoying.
I tried uninstall and reinstall again but does not work. The system does not reset after reinstalling.

Hm, holding F3 and tapping 1 to change the coin mode should be enough, it works in the default theme.
The prefs file is in %appdata%\StepMania 5\Save\Preferences.ini (or similar places on Linux/OS X).

People accidentally turn on pay mode every few months, I'm beginning to wonder if it should just be disabled in the default theme to put a stop to this recurring problem.
--
--
Thank you very much. It works now. For Compaq Presario laptop the user has to press Fn key together with F3 to bring out the service menu.

But there is one more thing-- the dance pad cannot register two steps ( left right or up down) when I want to step them together. How to make this work? Thank you again.
That's the axis problem. Search for other threads here that talk about the axis fix. You can put "site:http://www.stepmania.com/forums axis fix" into google and it will only search these forums. (the "site:" part gives it a url to limit the search to)
--
--