Forums » General Questions » Notes not showing for ONE song only

I downloaded several packs from Stepmania Online and everything has been working great. However, one of my favorite songs, by DJ Amuro will NOT display notes. I have downloaded it in the pack, tried swapping it for a file I found on another site, tried uninstalling and reinstalling, etc. I must've tried 4 different versions of this one song, and NONE display any notes. Every other song from the packs works, it is just the original A, by DJ Amuro that shows no notes. The game recognizes the song, plays the music and video, but there are no notes to play with. Some one please help! I really like that song and I'd like to play it, I don't understand why its not working.
It's mostly likely a malformed simfile.
What specific pack is it in? There are probably a dozen simfiles for that song scattered among SMO's packs.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
Thank you for responding!

I got the song originally from the pack "DDR 1st Mix to Extreme" located here:

http://stepmaniaonline.net/index.php?page=downloads

Then I downloaded several user created files from here:

https://zenius-i-vanisher.com/v5.2/viewsimfile.php?simfileid=2702

None of the packs have an "A" song that shows notes. I don't understand why.
If you could maybe direct me to a link where you know there is a definite working copy of the song I'd really appreciate it. It is just so odd and unfortunately coincidental that this just so happens to be one of my favorite songs and the ONLY song from this entire collection that is not working
The one you linked to on ZIV works just fine for me.
What version are you running?
Does the pane info on music select show the number of steps and stuff for the song before you start playing?
--
--
I'm using Stepmania 5. And yes, it shows the number of steps prior to playing.
I wonder if it somehow didn't get cached right.
Open %APPDATA%/StepMania 5.0/Cache/Songs/ (the folder where the cache files for songs are) and find "Songs_Silenttype01_Re-edits_A" (the cache file is named after the song's path). Upload it somewhere, maybe it'll have a clue. Probably won't tell us anything though.

I also wonder if that simfile is somewhere that stepmania doesn't have read permissions. But I don't use Windows, so my only guess there is a vague notion not to install in Program Files.

Last edited: 22 November 2015 11:50pm

--
--