Forums » General Questions » 100% invisibility during >100% appearance mods

I don't know when this issue started happening, but when i play a course, if it uses the stealth mod at less than 100% (to make arrows half invisible), the arrows become completely invisible. I can't play the course without being able to see the arrows.
I noticed this when playing WinDEU's Sick Wubs course, which worked perfectly before, had this bug occur during the section at 3:18

It seems that the bug doesn't occur until a certain percentage is reached, and anything below that percentage makes the arrows invisible. The stealth mods at 0:45 in the course below work until a certain point.

If anyone needs information on the options i use, i'll provide them.
I'm running Stepmania 5 beta 3, on Mac 10.9.3, with the moonlight theme.
Use a nightly build. This bug was fixed some time ago.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
Use a nightly build. This bug was fixed some time ago.
dieKatze88 has been kind enough to provide an automated nightly build service for StepMania 5. Currently, only Windows binaries are being produced. I'm running Stepmania 5 beta 3, on Mac 10.9.3, with the moonlight theme.
Well, if you can't build from source (which we currently lack a Mac dev to write instructions for), you'll just have to live with it until the stepmania project has a Mac developer again to make Mac builds and a new version is released.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
Here's an up-to-date (as of 20 minutes ago) Mac OS X build for you to try:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/j424umhce4fz902/StepMania-v5.0-beta-3-mac--July-16-2014.dmg

Well, if you can't build from source (which we currently lack a Mac dev to write instructions for)
I really need to write a building guide for OS X before what little knowledge I possess disappears or something. Things like this (where I might literally be the only one who knows) are kind of scary.

Last edited: 15 July 2014 10:04pm