Forums » General Questions » Editing Song Tempos Off?

I just downloaded the latest release for Stepmania (5.0.9) and was attempting to create a song in the editor, and I noticed that when I had the Beat 0 Offset set up and started the song from the beginning, the steps would be perfectly on sync. However, when trying to play from anywhere other than the very beginning, the Beat 0 offset would not be applied properly. Is there a way to get around this, or would editing the song to make it start earlier or later be a more suitable fix?
Do not use variable bit rate mp3s. Re-encode your audio file with a constant bit rate.

Side note: Every time this topic comes up, it has a completely different title. Kind of interesting.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
Do not use variable bit rate mp3s. Re-encode your audio file with a constant bit rate.

Side note: Every time this topic comes up, it has a completely different title. Kind of interesting.

Worked like a charm. Usually I convert my songs to ogg's first, but I guess having not touched this one in years, I forgot and need to rub off some of the rust... Thanks again! :)