Forums » General Questions » opengl stretching image beyond screen

Hello,

I'd love to try consensual, but with opengl the image stretches beyond the screen border around 200% to the right, and to the bottom, meaning i see the top-left quarter of the screen.
- happeining using sm-ssc and sm5-simply-love as well
- d3d working perfectly
- only using full screen mode
- graphics is ATI HD5450, pretty new ATI driver

Any advise?

thanks /A
-only using full screen mode
To confirm, if you run in a window, Stepmania in opengl mode works fine?

What resolution do you have stepmania set to? Is it a resolution and aspect ratio that is supported by your monitor?
If you look at the amount you see when in fullscreen mode, and guess that resolution, and set your resolution pref to it, do you see the full screen? (for example, if your resolution is 1280x960, and you estimate you're seeing half the real height and half the real width, you set the resolution to 640x480 and try that)

I'm baffled here.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
hello,

confirming, only with full screen.

changing the resolution on preferences ini does not change anything on-screen, except quality ( e.x. 640x360 looks worse thatn 1920x1080, but the viewable crop is of the same size)

typically i run 1280 x 720.

i tried checking settings in ATI ccc, but it does not look like i can change anything there for making it work better.

thx for any help!
Alex

just checked with beware's ddrex r3b1 - same thing happening. must really be soething with my pc setup :/

Last edited: 15 August 2015 2:11pm

Okay, here's a workaround.
Set CenterImageAddHeight to half your vertical resolution * -1.
Set CenterImageAddWidth to half your horizontal resolution * -1.
Set CenterImageTranslateX to half of CenterImageAddWidth * -1.
Set CenterImageTranslateY to half of CenterImageAddHeight * -1.
That should put everything in the upper left corner, so you can use opengl mode.

For example, I run at 1920x1200. So I set CenterImageAddHeight to -600, CenterImageAddWidth to -960, CenterImageTranslateX to -480, and CenterImageTranslateY to -300.

These are in Preferences.ini. There is an interactive menu for editing them called ScreenOverscanConfig, but it's difficult to use when you can only see part of the screen.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
Hello,

this workaround did the trick, although my "distortion" is not exactly 50/50.

I had the chance to take a look on consensual, and have to admit it is pretty intense in terms of features.

Thank you for helping!
Kind regards
Alex