Forums » General Questions » Stepmania won't open - not configured correctly?

But my desktop uses XP and it runs fine there.

I recently installed the .NET Framework 3.5 for another program that needed it, which is odd because I thought that you didn't need it if you had 4, but whatever. Now Stepmania 5.9 comes up with a different error message: "the procedure entry point GetLogicalProcessorInformation could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.DLL"

After a quick internet search it sounds like I need to update to SP3, and this laptop is on SP2, I'll post again if anything changes.
It worked!

I just didn't realize it wasn't updated to SP3. Sorry about that!

Thanks for all the help! One more question though, is there a way to move my scores over to Stepmania 5? Cause I've played quite a lot in 4, it would be nice if I could keep my scores. Not a big deal though!
Copy your SM4 profile from wherever it is to %APPDATA%/StepMania 5.0/Save/ and it should work. I can't remember whether SM4 had separate MachineProfile and LocalProfile folders. You'll also need to convert the judgments in Stats.xml to the new names, like this thread says. Hope you have an editor with good find/replace.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
Copy your SM4 profile from wherever it is to %APPDATA%/StepMania 5.0/Save/ and it should work. I can't remember whether SM4 had separate MachineProfile and LocalProfile folders. You'll also need to convert the judgments in Stats.xml to the new names, like this thread says. Hope you have an editor with good find/replace.
SM4 has separate MachineProfile and LocalProfiles.

SM4 profile location, my PC is named PikaBot
C:\Users\PikaBot\Documents\StepMania CVS\Save

Last edited: 12 October 2015 10:38pm