Forums » General Questions » Stepmania freezes when going to option?

Hey guys, I've been a long time 3.95 Stepmania user that has tried to bump up to the recent version(5.0.9) however it keeps freezing once I go to the options.

I'm currently running a 64-bit computer.

Problem doesn't seem to happen unless I'm somewhere else besides main menu.

If anyone has experienced this problem and/or know how to fix it, I would greatly appreciate it.
I think someone else had this problem recently too, but I can't find the thread for it. I don't think it was solved.
Do you have any more info? Were you using the default theme? Did it leave a crashlog behind?
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
I think someone else had this problem recently too, but I can't find the thread for it. I don't think it was solved.
Do you have any more info? Were you using the default theme? Did it leave a crashlog behind?

I did a fresh install, using the default theme(was trying to switch it, hence going to options). No crashlog, it would just freeze the game, being unresponsive.

Sometimes if I just tab away from it for a bit, it'll unfreeze for a bit and refreeze again once I move the selection.

I should have the specs fine for it. Going to restart my computer and see if that might fix the problem.

Edit: Restarted, didn't help lol.

Last edited: 5 July 2015 11:01pm

Apparently this bug is windows only, and likely specific to you and kenny (found the other report of it). No clue what might be causing it, and I can't even make a special debug build to gather info because I'm not on Windows.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
Apparently this bug is windows only, and likely specific to you and kenny (found the other report of it). No clue what might be causing it, and I can't even make a special debug build to gather info because I'm not on Windows.
Guess I'm out of luck for now then? I'll just keep playing the old version, just didn't like how pixelated everything got when I maximized my game.

Last edited: 6 July 2015 12:43am

Still having the issue, bumping this thread to see if anyone else might have a fix.