Forums » General Questions » Workout mode?

I'm completely unfamiliar with Workout Mode, but based on the loose descriptions I've just read, it sounds like something I would like to incorporate into my upcoming theme. You're not the first to request it, and I am a proponent of SM5 for pad play and physical activity.

Can you describe the flow of a Workout Mode session? I am assuming it would be selected on ScreenSelectPlayMode alongside Regular, Nonstop, Oni, etc? Would it then take you to ScreenSelectMusic? Are you allowed to pick modifiers? Do you pick your second/third/fourth/etc song, or is it automated like a course?

The more details you can provide, the more helpful it will be.
Yeah, PrayerWarrior, you have my attention. Give as full as a description as you possibly can, assuming that I know absolutely nothing about how workout mode behaves in any game. If I don't get distracted by other stuff, I'll add it to my theme.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
Yeah, PrayerWarrior, you have my attention. Give as full as a description as you possibly can, assuming that I know absolutely nothing about how workout mode behaves in any game. If I don't get distracted by other stuff, I'll add it to my theme.
we really should put it back in default.

it's been on my todo list for a couple years...
Easiest way to explain it is to DOWNLOAD that file I listed and check it out for yourself.

There are courses specifically for workout mode, and then there's an option for the mod "SIMPLE". Workout courses are only select-able through fitness mode (I believe).

But I don't believe the course files are part of the download. I can upload more if you like.
Easiest way to explain it is to DOWNLOAD that file I listed and check it out for yourself.
I am more likely to miss a detail that is important to you than you are.
Effectively, you're suggesting that I should spend hours examining an unfamiliar system with no guidance on what is good or bad or important. This opens the door for you to later point out "You didn't do x, y, and z.", and reject anything that is done.
--
--
I am more likely to miss a detail that is important to you than you are.
Effectively, you're suggesting that I should spend hours examining an unfamiliar system with no guidance on what is good or bad or important. This opens the door for you to later point out "You didn't do x, y, and z.", and reject anything that is done.

Fitness mode doesn't take hours to explore, there are few options:
Weight (increments by 5lbs)
Goal Type (time or calories burned)
Simple Mode (on or off)
Then you select to play courses, songs (normal song-select), or fitness.

During the song is a calorie count or a timer based on the goal and after each song is a % towards the overall goal.

There's not much to it and I would have assumed having the code would make it easier to understand and incorporate as I bet it would be a nightmare to come up with the functionality from nothing...
For what it's worth, you linked to a Windows build of SM4. Kyzentun uses Linux exclusively (to my knowledge), and I run OS X and Linux. :)

I would have assumed having the code would make it easier to understand and incorporate as I bet it would be a nightmare to come up with the functionality from nothing...This might be helpful for my theme, as it is closer to a "normal" theme that relies on StepMania standards (I'm stifling a chuckle), but Kyzentun's theme is 100% custom Lua, so he'd be recreating this screen his own way, too.
float fCalsFor100Lbs = SCALE( iNumTracksHit, 1, 2, 0.023f, 0.077f );

float fCalsFor200Lbs = SCALE( iNumTracksHit, 1, 2, 0.041f, 0.133f );
fCals = SCALE( pProfile->GetCalculatedWeightPounds(), 100.f, 200.f, fCalsFor100Lbs, fCalsFor200Lbs );

I'm dropping support for showing the "calories" burned until that is rewritten to something meaningful.
If you want to know how many calories you burn, measure your heart rate.

I'll consider other goal types meaningful though. Currently, time, score, and song count seem like reasonable goal types, with an optional multiplier for the foot rating.
--
--