Forums » General Questions » StepMania for Kickboxing Game Q's?

Alright, I want to have or create a StepMania build for a kickboxing pad I am building.

Kickboxing pad will have an UL and DL kick four center punch buttons UL DL UR DR and an UR and DR kick for 8 total inputs.
I want to have single 8-input mode, single 6-input mode (group both kicks together on each side), single 4-input mode for just the four fists, single 4-input mode to group both kicks both punches together basically LK LP RP RK. Then two player of the 4 input modes.

Which version of StepMania would this be easiest to create in?

Game will be completely open source for community support of content etc. I believe the title will be KickMania or PunchMania.

Kick inputs will be 18"x12", each Punch input will be 12"x12" roughly. Sensors will be the same as our Omega dance pads, yes it will be rounded and sand or water filled plastic base with foam under lexan. Kinda like this ugly thing below but imagine it rounded...
___ ___
| |_______| |
|UL |UL| UR|UR|
|___|___|___|___|
| |DL |DR | |
|DL |___|___|DR|
|___| |___|
hate to burst your bubble but something like this already exists and the patent was awarded recently

Last edited: 5 May 2014 5:41pm

hate to burst your bubble but something like this already exists and the patent was awarded recently
Who can't afford some competition, I'll be using my own patented sensors (not pressure switches) and my costs will be a whole lot cheaper than that, plus they are simply using StepMania, just because one person patented one version of dance pads did not stop others from designing their own and competition is healthy for a market.
Well, if you want any active developer to help, you'll have to base it off of SM5.
Style and game mode data is defined in GameManager.cpp. I have not done the full research to figure out what would need to change to add new styles and game modes, I only found the data when looking for other things.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
Well, if you want any active developer to help, you'll have to base it off of SM5.
Style and game mode data is defined in GameManager.cpp. I have not done the full research to figure out what would need to change to add new styles and game modes, I only found the data when looking for other things.

I was leaning towards SM5 for this, just have no idea on the complexity, maybe once I start someone will take it over and pimp it out.
Is this project still alive? Given that a kickboxing mode has been made to these exact specs...
Yes, I still plan to make finish the design and go into production on kickboxing devices, just overwhelmed with dance pad sales, we moved to Las Vegas and have a facility with employees so when I can get free time I will go forward with my other pet projects.